Sunday, April 18, 2010

Thank goodness for Cohen!!!

Let me first say that I want to quit!!! Teaching Sunbeams (3 and 4 year olds at church) is enjoyable. However, teaching our son, Max as one of our Sunbeams is PURE TORTURE!!! We had to endure teaching him in Nursery too and it was every bit as bad! He is a perfect angel for other teachers but not for his parents.

On to the cute stuff. The stuff that keeps us from losing it completely each week.

During sharing time the counselor in the Primary presidency asked if anyone knew what an archaeologist was. Max shot his arm in the air! She called on him and he excitedly answered, "He kills dinosaurs!!!"

Our lesson was entitled "I am thankful for birds and insects." Exciting, I know! Well, after the children guessed that my clues I gave them described a bird I told them to pretend they were birds and "fly" around the room. One little boy named Cohen's eyes lit up as he said, "And I'll be the guy that shoots the birds with a gun!"

We went on a walk to see if we could see any birds or insects and a bird flew by. I said, "There's a bird!" Cohen said, "I need a real gun so I can shoot it!"

When the lesson was over I gave each child a piece of paper with, "I am thankful for birds and insects" written at the top.  Cohen said, "I'm going to draw bullets!"  Haha!!! I think little Cohen will be a great bird hunter one day!!! For now, I'm just happy he's in our class to keep me smiling through the tears of distress Max causes me!!!

No comments: