Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break Report: Day 2,3, and 4

Pictures follow and there are more on wordfromthezoo.blogspot.com   If you want an invite just send me your email at btzmm@yahoo.com
I had so much fun Thursday! First we ate lunch at Panda Express. We live in a tiny town that has a lot of your basic fast food restaurants but there really aren't a whole lot of great places to eat out there. Also we just don't eat out much. TOO EXPENSIVE!!! So I was SO excited to eat out 3 times this weekend!!!
After lunch we shopped at the mall for a bit and found some super cute and absolutely perfect pink shoes for Gracie that are like some I was going to order on childensplace.com for $14.99 but they were out of her size. I have been looking and looking for some like them at other stores and just haven't had any luck. The ones I ended up finding were at Payless for $9.99 and they were out of her size at the mall Payless so they gave me a list of other stores that had them in stock and at the bottom of the list was a $3.00 coupon to use when buying them. So I paid less than half of what I would have paid if I got them at Children's Place AND they even have a cute little bow that make them even cuter! I LOVE getting a good deal and finding something I have been searching for!!!!
After finding the shoes we took the kids to Kangaroo Zoo. They liked that Jumpin' Jack's but the whole time they were there they talked about how they wanted to go to Kangaroo Zoo in Pleasant Grove because it's bigger, has more stuff, and they say it's more fun. So the next morning they begged to go there so we let them go and they DID have tons of fun!!! And, bonus, there is a section for babies 2 and under so Gracie had a blast just crawling around that area and playing and being free.
Our next stop was Target!!!! I LOVE TARGET!!!! I MISS Target!!! It was fun to look around and we found some great t-shirts for the boys for only $3.50 a piece.
The kids chose Chuck-a-Rama for dinner. Gracie was in hog heaven!! She is such a great little eater and pigged out!!!! I was happy to have some of that delicious dutch oven turkey. That is one of the best things I've ever eaten and I am all for any chance to have some of that!
So, we are totally spoiled where we live because there is NO traffic! The stop lights are so short and it's the best! Well, we were driving along fine and then the interstate became quite congested. Brian said there must be a wreck. Zack said yeah and all the people are redneckin'!! Cracked us up!
Saturday was especially nice for me because we went to my FAVORITE place!!! The Sweet Tooth Fairy. They make THE most delicious cupcakes EVER!!! MMMMMMM MMMMMM GOOD!!! They are located right next to The Quilted Bear in Provo.
After getting my cupcake fix we headed to the Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum. The kids LOVE that place! I've only taken them twice when my friend Sarah came to visit a couple of years in a row. Brian had never been. He had a blast playing with the kids and enjoyed it as much as they did I think!  That night some of the family came to my parent's house and we all enjoyed spending time together.
Easter was interesting...it snowed several inches over night so we had to have the hunt in the house. Mom made an absolutely DELICIOUS meal! The traditional Easter ham. But she adds her special flare to make it even better! Then she made her awesome potatoes. Not the usual funeral potatoes but equally delicious! Her homemade rolls, broken glass salad, asparagus, and strawberry pie topped it off. She had made lasagna for us Thursday night, clam chowder and cheese soup for Saturday night. Sausage, biscuits, and gravy for breakfast Friday, pancakes and eggs and her homemade syrup Saturday, and Rhodes cinnamon rolls Sunday morning. We have eaten very well and have been spoiled! Next trip I want to go to the Olive Garden for sure, too and then it will be the PERFECT eating experience in my book!!!! We just never seem to make it there.
We hope to some day afford a trip to Disneyland or somewhere else super fun for Spring Break but for now this worked well. It gave us a much needed break from our normal, every day life. We spent it together as a family. We spent time with our extended family and it was just all in all a fun, nice, and even somewhat relaxing trip! We head home today and no one is looking forward to that but all good things must come to an end I suppose. I hope you all had a great Easter. It's so wonderful listening to General Conference and focusing on the atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Remembering our need to repent and follow Him. A time of reflection and a time of being reminded of the things we must do to make ourselves more worthy to live with Him, our Heavenly Father, and our precious families for eternity. So grateful for the knowledge we have and continue to gain of the gospel of Jesus Christ. So thankful to see His hand work wonders in our lives. It's a beautiful thing!!!
I should have taken the pic when the box was full. There were 2 strawberry ones. On the strawberry ones they put a chocolate dipped strawberry quarter on top. The one in the box is chocolate with the most divine white frosting. If I knew the recipe for this frosting I would put it on EVERYTHING and I would weigh 500 lbs!!! I don't want the recipe!!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! You made me super hungry now though! I'll have to stop at that cupcake shop my next time up North for sure now! I've never heard of it before, but now I've gotta try it! Super cute shoes - you can never have too many for a baby girly girl!