Thursday, April 8, 2010

A little ramble...

~So I am addicted to HGTV!!! I just love it! I used to really get into home improvement shows and then Brian went back to school and I knew there wasn't a chance of having a house of our own any time soon so it was kind of depressing to watch those shows. I am back to having hope that some day we will be homeowners so it is so much fun to watch these shows and to get all excited again about the dream of fixing a place to my liking. I can't wait to be able to actually...paint a wall!!! So now I just can't get enough. I live vicariously through all of these total strangers as they search for a home to buy and as they fix up the homes. It's just fun! Some day it will be our turn and I just can't wait!!!!
~If it snows again I think I'm gonna scream!!! And this WIND!!! I grew up in Dodge City, KS which is officially the windiest town in the country. Seriously! Google it! I know I should be used to it and it shouldn't matter to me and, honestly it probably wouldn't if I didn't have all these wonderfully rambunctious kiddos that need to get outside and play more. It was beautiful here early this afternoon so I was going to take the kids to the park after school. Unfortunately the WIND picked up again a couple hours later and it was SOOO cold!!! So I rented a movie for them from Redbox instead. Poor cooped up kids! They will play and play outside if it's cold but bitter wind is a different story and I can't blame them! I WANT SPRING ALREADY!!!!!!
~BBQ'd food is the best!! We usually bbq year round but didn't this year. So we started getting the itch for bbq and Brian made some bbq chicken last week and we have a couple other bbq'd items on our menu and I'm excited! I am so excited for all the fun family bbq's we always have during the summer!!! Can't wait!!!!
~I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my 4 year old son, Max!!! He is amazing, smart, adorable, and just plain loveable!!! He has me wrapped around his little finger and it's really kind of pathetic! However....he is driving me NUTSO!!!! He is so stubborn!!!! Basically he has the stubbornness of me AND Brian combined! Scary stuff! He RARELY listens to me. On the rare occurance that he actually does listen I point it out and say wow Max you did such a great job of listening to me! Thank you so much! That was being such a good boy! It doesn't happen often! He used to be the naughtiest little guy EVER but he has improved quite a bit! Instead of doing incredibly crazy stuff all day long every single day he has cut the insanity back to either once a day or once every few days. The stubbornness is going to kill me though! SERIOUSLY!!! Gonna lose it! Today after hours of dealing with his stubbornness I found myself longing for the day he goes to kindergarten. That makes me sad! We've been trying this parenting trick to change some of the behavior with the kids and it has been working beautifully. I am going to start using it tomorrow with Max to see if it will work to nip some of this stubbornness in the bud so I can ENJOY this last year I have him home all day to the fullest instead of wishing it away!!!!! Here's hopin'!!!