Thursday, April 15, 2010

I love Walmart?!



I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. I LOVE the low prices! This is where the love part ends for me.
Things that bug me about Walmart:
~It's so BIG!
~There aren't nearly enough cart returns at our particular store.
~The lines are forever long. I ALWAYS pick the wrong line. It's inevitable! If I pick that line something will go wrong with the purchase in front of me just as soon as all my stuff is up on the counter and then I'm stuck there, for life, watching my ice cream melt.
~It seems like every time we find something that we totally love and can't get enough of, they stop carrying it! Sometimes I think they track what we buy and then they are like oh no, Tara and Brian are buying tons of this item. We better stop having it in our store!
~People are RUDE! I can't blame this on Walmart but seriously, people are RUDE and it just seems magnified when you go to Walmart because there are just so many people there.
~Does anyone really know how to correctly spell Walmart? Is it WalMart, Wal-Mart, Walmart?

You can imagine how surprised I have been lately as my dislike for Walmart has started to dissipate. I am liking it more and more all the time!!!

Reasons I have started to really like it:
~This store is very, very clean.
~The employees are really friendly and nice and helpful at our Walmart!
~For the past few months I have been having the BEST luck at Walmart! I don't know if it's because they are remodeling and are trying to get rid of stuff or if it's because of the economy and they just aren't selling as much as they have in the past and are now trying to get rid of stuff or what but I..am..loving..it!!!
Each of these items were only $1.00

Each of these items were $2.00 and $3.00 
The Mickey and Snoopy things are pj sets that also included slippers, a bag, and a manicure set for $2 all together!!! The baby pj sets were just 2 pack fleece pjs that usually cost like $9 a set but were marked down to $3. The blue shirt is part of a set that is the shirt and some navy blue pants. And I always wanted a platter like this one! Can't wait to actually have my own kitchen again so I can use it!

These items were $5.00 each

Except for the Spiderman shoes I got those fo $3 but fogot to put them in that picture. Can you believe King size sheets for $10 bucks for the set?! That's a crazy good price!!!

These are just some of the MANY things I have bought for such great prices lately. I even bought Matty some cute little Starter shoes for $2 the other day but he is wearing them at school today. I have put some of the stuff in our storage and some is in the dirty clothes. We've bought jeans for Zack for $7 and on and on I could go. See why I am loving Walmart now! It's just plain fun to go there for me now. Especially when I go after I drop Max off at school and it's just me and Gracie. I just browse and relax and enjoy the experience. I linger longer than usual these days to give myself a longer break from life. I usually just run through there as fast as I can hoping to have a small piece of sanity left by the time I make it through the entire store and through the checkstand when all my kids are with me. When it's just me and Gracie it's as close to "me time" as I can get. I don't have to worry about anyone complaining when I'm looking in the fabric and craft section. I don't have to hear all the moans and groans as I stop at EVERY clearance spot searching for the next great deal! Who knew Walmart could be so great?! Certainly not me!!! :)   I think Chris is doing a wonderful job with this one!!!

3 comments:

Denette said...

I'm sure that Walmart is nicer because Chris manages it.

Tara said...

I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart too!! Can't live with them, can't live without them! I just can't pass up the great deals! I guess it's that bargain shopper in me that keeps going back for more...

Kale and Rowdy said...

I also hate Walmart. But I, too, have been getting some ridiculously great prices on stuff! So much stuff. I just bought 6 monster trucks for my boys tonight--but seriously when they're 75 cents, how can you NOT!