Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fun Houses...

There is a street I drive down when I go to Brian's office that has such fun houses! The home owners in this neighborhood have really fixed these houses up nicely. I would just LOVE to have one of them!  (Click on a picture for a bigger view.)

This one is my favorite one!!! My favorite color is red. I imagine the person that lives in this home must be pretty sassy if they are brave enough to paint their house red! She is probably so much fun to hang out with and super creative and talented! And it looks so awesome in real life! The color is perfect!

Do you remember when we showed you this one Shani, when we were realtors and you were totally smitten by it and Matt was like NO WAY!!! You were SO right! It is beautiful all fixed up! I wonder if they ever finished the scary stair case? I wonder if it still has a random toilet just sitting in the middle of that upstairs bedroom? So silly, huh! I would LOVE to see the inside after having seen it in it's "before" state. Isn't it fun to let the imagination run wild!

The front of this house reminds me a lot of the front of the house I grew up in in Dodge City, Kansas! Same porch and front windows positioning and all. I think it would be so much fun to see what it's like on the inside to see if it's set up the same as our old house was.

I would LOVE to get my hands and a nice chunk of change on this beauty! Can you imagine how amazing it could be?! Oh, it would be so incredibly awesome fixing it up!  It's kind of sad to see this old home on the same street as these others that have been so dolled up. I imagine it's just wondering when it will be it's turn for a facelift. Am I the only one who finds it interesting that these homeowners have those 2 nice camp trailers in their driveway but the can't slap a coat of paint on the trim and porch of their home. Seriously folks! Show some love!!!  I'm sure it was simply lovely when it was built. It just needs a little love. Brian and I have always dreamed of owning a home like this and remodeling it. Maybe some day we can afford to do it. It would be so much fun I think!

It is so much fun to drive down this street! It's definitely MY kind of neighborhood!!!

1 comment:

Shani said...

Hey Tara, YES, of course I remember that house you showed us. I knew it had great potential, and I've wished for a long time now that I could see what an amazing job they must have done on the inside, because the outside is fantastic!! I love that you went and took pictures of all those cute houses, I've always loved driving up that street myself! :)