Sunday, January 31, 2010

This and that...

~FYI: Apparently there is a limit on how long you should leave rechargeable camera batteries on the charger. We didn't discover this by reading the directions. No that would be much too easy! We discovered this by leaving the batteries on the charger too long and the acid started oozing out of them. Apparently overnight is TOO long!!! OOPS!!
~Today I wanted to smack a chick! She was walking down the street with her son in a stroller. He had a coat on. But NO SOCKS!!! It was like 25 degrees today! He was 18 months to a year old I'm guessing. Think how freezing cold your feet get in the morning. Inside your house. Now imagine being outside for who knows how long without socks on your feet in 25 degree weather. I can't imagine what was going through this chicks head! One time I saw a woman with a baby with a onesie and that's it in the dead of winter. Of course the mom had on a coat and warm shoes and long pants. I just can't figure out what the heck people are thinking. At least figure if you are wearing 3 layers of clothing your baby needs 3 layers of clothing too! It's winter....put socks on your baby!!!!! Geez Louise!!!!
~I am so glad Brian doesn't work for an accounting firm this year. NO MORE BUSY SEASON this year!!! I LOVE that!! We actually get to see him! AWESOME!!!
~Have you seen the movie Up? It is the cutest show! We laugh every time we watch it! I usually don't watch the kids shows with them anymore but I do watch this one with them. Enjoyable for adults as well as kids. It's my new favorite!
~Did you ever notice how Sunbeams (the sunday school class I teach at church with 3 and 4 year olds) have absolutely NO BOUNDARIES!!! We had a little girl in our class today that we hadn't had in class before. I knew her for all of 20 minutes before she started leaning on me and pulling my skirt up on the side of my leg repeatedly and basically MAULING me! I wouldn't have minded that much except that she sucks her thumb too. She has slobber stringing from her thumb every time she takes her thumb out of her mouth. Then she touches Gracie's toy. I'm not sure this germaphobe can handle Sunbeams with a baby!!! They are awfully cute and I like the calling most of the time but I'm just not very good with bodily functions and secretions!!!
~Some people are just so dang good at what they do that you just can't get over how good they are! The song leader in primary in our ward is OUTSTANDING!!! The kids love her and she does and excellent job and I am in awe of her each week. One of my most favorite parts of a primary calling is that I get to hear and sing the primary songs. They are so wonderful and nothing is sweeter than the voices of the little primary children singing the beautiful primary songs. I just love it!

2 comments:

Ginger said...

My youngest is a Sunbeam!! Aren't they fun? She needs an OFF button - she is SO loud!
I love the primary songs too. They teach the basics of the gospel which is what we all need to know!

Tara said...

Okay, This afternoon I was the loser mom with a kid wearing a coat and no shoes or socks(but I wasn't on a walk). We made an unexpected detour to stop at the store after dropping kids off for activities after school. Bron only had on socks, but I wasn't planning on anything other than a short car ride (so I didn't bother with his shoes), and he was wearing his coat. So, needless to say, while I was carrying him in the store one of his socks fell off, and we lost it. Then he wouldn't leave the other one on. So, yep, I was the mom with the kid wearing a coat and bare feet during winter! And I did get a few looks from the other ladies shopping, but I just laughed to myself as I thought of your post the entire time!
Tara