Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'm a SPAZ!!! What can I say?!

Last night I sat up in bed and shouted, "Who played the mother of Karen Irvine?" My mother's name is Karen Irvine. How silly is that?! I have been known to scream in my sleep and I've sworn in my sleep more than once, but I just wonder what the heck I was dreaming to provoke such a response. Of course I woke up my sweet little sleeping princess and had to feed her a bottle to calm her down. Brian said,"To answer your question, Hazel Depperschmidt played the mother of Karen Irvine." I'm sure he was annoyed by my outburst but probably more than just a little relieved to not be awakened by a blood curdling scream!! This has happened more than once, unfortunately. One time was especially embarrassing. Not very long after we were married we visited his mom and were sleeping in a room her old house that was pitch black. Not a single window. I started screaming and his brother Michael threw open the door and flipped on the light and looked at us like "what the h*$%" and Brian just said,"It's ok, she does this a lot." He just looked at us like we were nuts and went back to bed. I still haven't lived that one down. Another humiliating time was when we were living in this town we live in now in a house that was split right down the middle into two apartments. The mother of a friend of mine from high school named Andrew lived in the other apartment. There was a shared unfinished basement for storage and an enclosed back porch where we shared a large laundry room. Well, one night we watched Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom right before bed. I was dreaming that I was the lady in a chase scene in a market place and that I was just about to be caught. I started screaming! Brian put his arm around my waist to try to calm me down and said it was ok. I thought he was a bad guy catching me and I screamed even louder!! (My throat hurt so bad I was afraid I had permanently damaged it or something) Poor Andrew had been sleeping on a cot in the basement that night and thought I was being murdered or something and ran up the stairs and sat on the top stair until he was sure I wasn't dead and then ran back downstairs. I was MORTIFIED!!! Another night I swore like a sailor. I admit to struggling to control my language. I say the 'S' word, the 'D' word, and the 'H' word a lot. I try to be better at controlling it with the kids around but if I'm extra stressed or tired I have a much harder time. I used to say SOB a lot! Now I say son of a FREAK!!! I don't know why but that keeps me from saying the 'B' word so whatever. Of course I still think it and I would really like to be able to control my thoughts because if I swore out loud nearly as much as I swear in my head it would definitely not be pretty! For about the last year or 2 I find myself wanting to say JA a lot!!! I mean A LOT!!! I started saying JA instead of actually saying the words so that my 3 year old won't repeat it but people just make fun of me. I do NOT however say the 'F' word!!!!!!! But one night I sat up in bed and yelled out F-You (only I actually said the word) I mean, thank you! What?! What a goof! I often sit up in bed and just yell out the 'S' word or other swear words like I'm frightened or something. Brian has affectionately referred to my outbursts as my turrets ever since because he heard once that some people with turrets randomly yell out swear words. :P Between my craziness in my sleep and Brian's snoring, it's a miracle we ever get any sleep! Maybe that whole don't sleep together before you're married thing is overrated. Jk

3 comments:

Melissa and Jessie said...

Dude, I love this post! You crack me up!

Tara said...

HAHAHA!!! I've got tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard!!! You're the best - just remind me to never sleep in the same house as you, it would scare me to death!!!
Tara

Stan & Karen said...

Well whoever played me I hope she was skinny and gorgeous. LOL