Sunday, November 8, 2009

I Am Thankful For.....

Today I am thankful for healthy children. This last year has been really tough on some of our family members. My nephew, David, was in a serious car accident in February and was paralyzed. He is making slow progress and has been blessed in many ways but he is facing a very difficult battle. My cousin's little baby boy, Parker, had bacterial menengitis in his brain in February also. He is improving and has been blessed in many ways as well but again the battle is slow and difficult. Both Parker and David have had many ups and downs these past few months. Their parents and they have suffered so much in every way and it's been really hard to know that they are suffering and there isn't anything we can do to help but to pray. Another of my cousins was just diagnosed with a brain tumor. They say it isn't cancerous but it is difficult to get to the tumor to remove it and his inner ear will have to be removed to do so. He is a husband and father and it's just scary! His surgery is tomorrow and we are praying he will be ok. After having the kids just have swine flu and worrying about their health because of everything you hear about it on the news and everything it makes you stop and think. I'm so grateful to have a healthy family. I think we tend to take that blessing for granted until we don't have it and then we realize how blessed we really, truly were. I am so grateful that I am healthy, that my husband is healthy, that my children are healthy!!! Truly a wonderful blessing!!!

No comments: