Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I am thankful for.....AMAZING WOMEN!!!!!
Let me tell you about a few of them.

My sister-in-law Jenise: She is truly amazing! She is one of the nicest people you will ever meet in your life. When her 2 children were little her husband and I believe 2 of his brothers passed away in an accident on a farm in Kansas. She has done a wonderful job of raising her children!!! She met and married my brother, Rob, several years ago and they are very happy together. She ADORES her children and they ADORE her right back! Rob loves her children like they are his own! David is her youngest at 23 years old and he is a great kid! He was in a very serious car accident in February of this year. The accident has left him paralyzed. He is working very hard to regain his strength and his ability to walk again. He is a strong man! His accident happened in Texas and his parents live in Kansas. It was something like 12 long hours before they even knew that it had happened. SO scary! Jenise has been through so much this year watching her son go through all he has. She is strong and faithful. I know it's been so hard for her! I wish we could make it all better for them!!! She is her children's biggest cheerleader! David, Erin, and Rob's Tyler are so lucky to have her! She is a wonderful example to all of us and I am so glad my brother was lucky enough to find her! Her daughter Erin made her a grandma this year! Sweet little Noah was born in July and I'm sure has brought much joy to their lives! Isn't it wonderful how even when you are facing the most difficult challenges a precious baby can make you smile, laugh, and be happy!!! What a precious gift!!!

My cousin John's wife, Renee: Renee has 5 beautiful children. 2 of these children are twins. An adorable little boy named Parker and a beautiful little girl named Penelope. In February, Parker who was 8 months old at the time came down with bacterial meningitis in his brain. Renee and John went through pure hell over and over watching their tiny son struggle to survive this awful illness. He made it through. He has some permanent things he'll deal with like his loss of hearing. Some things will take time to heal or recover from. I have read their blog that talks about the different challenges and things that they have faced and over come and still face. These are amazing people! As I read a recent post that Renee made I shed many tears as she opened up about many of the emotions she has had over the months since Parker's challenge began. She is an amazing woman! She is an inspiration to everyone! As she struggles to find joy in her trial and be strong through it she strengthens everyone around her. I wish I could find a way to be a strength to them but instead they are strengthening me. My testimony, my faith, my attitude is all strengthened by them. Parker, John, and their sweet little girls are lucky to have such a wonderful woman in their lives! Once again I wish we could make it all better for them! Such a sweet mother! Such an amazing woman!!!

My friend Sarah: Sarah has 4 children and is an amazing woman! She is the best mom! It's so fun to be around her! We laugh until we cry when we are together! She Is funny, and so great with her children! Her husband, Jared's brother passed away this summer. His brother's wife had just passed away in December of the year before. This left their 4 children without either parent. Sarah and Jared didn't even blink! They took these 4 children in and added them to their family and are doing a great job of it! I can't think of a better family for them to go to. They will give them love and care and that is the most important thing they can have! What an amazing woman! I know it hasn't always been the easiest thing and I'm sure it's pretty crazy some times but I also know that Sarah wouldn't have it any other way! She is such an inspiration and example to me and I am so glad to call her friend!

My friend Melissa: Melissa is a single mother of the cutest little girl named Jessica. They were our neighbors for a while. I feel like Heavenly Father helped us find each other when we really needed a friend. Melissa is a very strong, talented, beautiful, amazing woman. She was in an abusive marriage and she had the strength to leave. THAT is amazing!!! I know that it wasn't easy for the abuse she suffered was mental abuse. It may not leave scars to the naked eye but they are there. I know it hasn't been easy but I know it is worth it! She is a beautiful woman inside and out and she didn't allow that to be taken away. She is a daughter of God and she deserves to be treated as such and I am proud of her for being strong enough to leave a bad situation! I am so glad to know her!!!

I could go on and on because I know so many inspirational women! My mother, my sisters, my sister in laws, my cousins, my friends, my mother in law...I am lucky to know them and to be able to learn from all of them and to gain strength from their examples. The particular women I have chosen are women who have faced especially difficult challenges this year and are doing their best to rise above them! You never know who is watching you and learning from you! Every woman effects every other woman around them and I am grateful to know so many wonderful women!!!!

2 comments:

Denette said...

What great stories!

Tara said...

What a neat tribute to some truly amazing women!
Tara