Saturday, November 7, 2009

I am thankful for........

It was strangely easy for me to think of my many blessings a few months ago when Brian was out of work. It was definitely a trial but we were truly blessed and it was nice to be constantly reminded of just how blessed. Moving from our old WONDERFUL place has been really hard! On all of us! We're slowly making the adjustments but some are coming along slower than others. I was really depressed for a few days and just couldn't get out of it and then I read a friends blog where she was talking about her blessings and it made me think that I should really start focusing more on the good in my life than on what I don't have. I LOVE blogging for that! As I say, one blogger's post can be another blogger's "lesson of the day". Well, I was thinking about it and last year I did kind of a thankful journal on my other blog during the month of November. I'm doing it again and this will be my first post. Some will be sappy, some will be silly.

I am thankful for....the most beautiful November EVER!!! Can you believe how wonderful it's been? I seriously can't remember the last time we had a Fall. It seems it always goes from being super hot to being super cold with no real 'in between'. I couldn't ask for a more beautiful Fall than this years! Every day the weather is PERFECT!!! We're a week into November and I'm still wearing short sleeves. How great is that?!!! LOVE it!!!
~I am thankful Brian and I were able to go on a date last night too! Thank goodness for my mother in law and Brian's brother Chris who watched my kids! Chris even walked with my spoiled little baby Gracie for like an hour because every time he sat down she cried. We are stuck together like glue, my little Gracie and I. I've never had a baby that was THAT attached. I am LOVING it! Unless of course I need to actually get something done and she won't let me put her down and then that's a real problem but other than that it's enjoyable! She is already scooting around on the floor and I have to make sure all the Lego's are put up because she finds them so I keep thinking this precious time of having her want me and only me all day long is so fleeting and I want to enjoy it instead of thinking it's a pain. Pretty soon she'll be walking and busy and I'll only be able to hold really hold her when she's sleeping. Matthew and Zack were quite attached to me too but Gracie is like nothing I've experienced. It's pretty great to be so loved I must say! I hope I never forget the way she looks at me. The way she lights up when I walk in the room. The look of utter adoration she gives me. Oh how I love her! There is truly no greater gift on this earth than to love and be loved by my precious children! It was really hard for me to leave her. We even took her with us to dinner then dropped her off for the movie. I am so glad that Chris took such great care of her! I can't tell you the last time Brian and I went on a date. And completely alone for part of it! WOW!!! That's simply unheard of! It was great! We had Sticky Finger Salads at Wingers...our favorite!! Crave 'em! Love 'em! Especially with extra ranch! MMMMM...MMMMM....GOOOOOD!!! Then we watched Couple's Retreat. We laughed a lot! It was really fun spending time alone with my sweetie. We needed it and we really need to do it more often!

1 comment:

Tara said...

I need to focus on what I'm thankful for too! I get easily distracted by what I'm missing out on! I'm enjoying this fall weather too - but oddly hoping for more snow!

Glad you got to go on a date! It's never the same with babies! We don't leave our babies either...so we are barely getting date night back at our house.
Tara