Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Don't you just love it?!

The only thing that's more rewarding in my life than doing oodles and oodles of laundry...every...single...day...is having to re-do all of the laundry!!! 2 weeks ago I washed a green crayon with white clothes that ruined several pairs of my quite expensive underwear that is made with weird but nice fabric that holds onto green crayon for dear life! Then, because that wasn't enough fun, a few days later, I washed a tube of chapstick that my 9 year old left in his pocket and stained several pieces of clothing. I still need to get that out! Any suggestions? Last night I decided my life is just way too dull and I just needed something else to do, so I washed a piece of bubble gum with a load of our dark clothes. Brian was nice enough to get it out of the dryer with a magic eraser. Now, I guess I'm going to have to break down and get that AND the chapstick out of all our clothes. I'm so excited! I just can't wait! I can't think of one other thing in the whole entire world that I would rather do than this fabulous task!!! So super excited!!! :(

I charged my camera battery and took some pics of the yummy caramel apples I made. My friend, Tara, makes this fabulous caramel for the apples and dips them in white chocolate and sprinkles them with cinnamon. They are to die for!!! I made them last year and they were delicious! This year I decided to mix them up a little. I used her same caramel recipe and dipped them in the caramel, then milk chocolate, and then rolled them in broken up Heath bars. Oh, man!!! Good stuff! Thankfully I had lots of family around to help me eat them so I don't weigh 500 lbs.

4 comments:

Denette said...

I have experienced the crayon. Mine was orange. There were a few things that it didn't come out of. I did get it out of the white shirts by soaking in Oxy for a day.

Those apples look yummy. One of my all time favorite treats is a carmel apple from the chocolate factory. So expensive, but worth every penny.

Denette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stan & Karen said...

OK when do we get to taste those apples?

Ginger said...

I've done the crayon thing AND the chapstick. Chapstick is really hard to get out! I've never done bubblegum (knock on wood). Good luck getting ALL that laundry done!