Thursday, October 14, 2010

silly me

Max hated preschool for the first 2 weeks this year because his class was quite large and he only new one little girl from t ball. I had to force him to go each day. I figured I'd give it 2 weeks and if he still didn't like it I was NOT paying for something he hated. Well, I kept telling him he would make friends and then he would like it. He made friends with a boy named Logan and that helped tremendously! He started being excited for school each day. We have all...day...kindergarten here which is pretty tough for most kids to get used to. It takes around 2 weeks for them to adjust but if they haven't had some sort of school experience before it's even more difficult to adjust so preschool is pretty much a MUST. I know of parents who enroll their kids in 2 preschools to help with the adjustment. I think that's pretty extreme and costly. Anyhoo, yesterday was Max's class pumpkin patch field trip. I have been trying to be more involved in school activities with my boys this year since I didn't do much last year because Gracie was so little so I happily signed up to be a driver. Well, all morning yesterday Max kept telling me to forget to go on the field trip. I was a bit hurt and asked him why he didn't want me to go. He told me he wanted to get to ride in Logan's car with him. WHEW! He likes me he just wanted to be social. AWESOME! He's come a long way in just a few short weeks! I talked with Miss Tawnya and she said that Logan's mom wasn't going on the field trip so she made sure Logan got to ride with Max so he would be happy. We were excitedly walking to the van to start on our fun little adventure when I realized I locked my keys in the van. NICE!!! I left my purse in the van and locked it but apparently dropped my keys on the floor in the back when I was getting Gracie out of her car seat. SO.LIKE.ME!!! Thankfully one of the other mom's had room in her car for the 2 boys and even had a car seat for Gracie to ride in and happily offered us a ride. So we all jumped in and made our way to the pumpkin patch. I called Brian from her cell phone and asked him to get the extra keys and unlock the car so I could come home after the field trip. A really nice preschool mom decided it would be fun to have a pumpkin patch for the preschool kids to go to so she planted pumpkins in her garden and bordered the garden with hay bales and corn stalks and scare crows. SO CUTE and FUN!!! It was awesome! I guess she has done it for a couple years now. The kids were all so excited to get a pumpkin. Max looked and looked for the biggest, best pumpkin. Unfortunately it didn't take him very long to drop it and break it on the way to the car. Poor guy! Thankfully the nice pumpkin patch owner let him get another one and even let Gracie have one. When we got back to the preschool the van was unlocked and Gracie and I made our way  back home. It was a fun little trip! So glad to be past that first year of Gracie's life so I can feel more like I can do stuff. I cherish that first year of her life and really made an effort to enjoy her and her little sweet stages since she is the caboose of our family. I'm a bit sad to see that time gone but also happy with each new stage and each new milestone. So glad for nice mom's who plant pumpkins for preschoolers to enjoy and for nice mom's who come to the rescue of "silly" mom's like me. So glad for super nice preschool teachers who try to make each child happy. And especially glad for a wonderful husband who saved the day and unlocked the car for his "silly" wife! Of course, I forgot my camera which wouldn't have mattered even if I remembered it since it would have been locked in the car anyway. So no pictures to share. I keep kicking myself over that one. There were tons of fun photo ops yesterday. Oh well!

No comments: