Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Halloween!!!!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Fall!! I love the food, the smells, the holidays, the slight chill in the air (usually but so far not so much this year but I'm sure it will happen eventually), and the super fun decorations!!! Halloween has always been a favorite holiday of mine to decorate for. We used to have an entertainment center to use for surfaces to decorate and we usually have fun, wide window sills or counters or drop cabinets to decorate. Here we don't have ANY surfaces! I was so sad when I got out the decorations and couldn't decorate because we don't have anywhere to put our cute things. There are 6 plant hook things in our living room ceiling. I decided to Google homemade Halloween decorations. I found a couple of fun things to make and saw this adorable idea where you paint B-O-O on 3 white pumpkins. We broke out the egg cartons, black craft paint, googly eyes, and pipe cleaners and I let the kids go to town. Then we hung their creations from the plant hooks (at least their good for something).They LOVE making craft projects so they loved making these. I think it's cute and helps the house feel a bit more festive. Some day I hope to have another entertainment center and some more fun places to decorate but at least for now this does the trick!
My mom gave me this black table cloth a few years ago
 and it really makes the white pumpkins stand out on my kitchen table!
Kind of fun!
Kind of hard to take pictures of these bats since the window is right there making it so bright.
I made this next one out of some old decorations I had. I saw my friend, Jenn make some similar decorations before so I decided to turn the old decorations into a new fun one.



3 comments:

Tara said...

super creative! I absolutely love the pumpkins!! Last year my friends painted some pumpkins gold with black ribbon around the stem and wrote BOO with Black - such fun, fun ideas! My kids would love the spiders and bats - I'll have to do that for FHE!

JJ and Stephanie said...

Really cute stuff!

Ginger said...

I'm so glad you didn't say CHRISTMAS!!