Sunday, October 24, 2010

Randomness...

~I love that the kinda older lady I visit teach has Dynamite by Taio Cruz playing when you call her phone instead of hearing ringing when you wait for her to answer. Not sure what that's called but it totally cracks me up every time I call her.
~We had a great activity on Friday with the youth. The Bishop invited the youth and leaders to his house for a Book of Mormon read. During the summer they had an all night Book of Mormon read-a-thon at the church. They would each take turns reading a page and then once in a while they would have a break and eat snacks and stuff. It sounded like a lot of fun to me. They had some of the kids and leaders talk about the experience in Sacrament Meeting that week. Well, they all loved it so much that our Bishop invited everyone over to his house for a mini read-a-thon. Just 3 hours this time. From 6pm-9pm. He ordered Pizza Hut pizza and had plenty of pop. One of the leaders brought homemade salsa and chips and another brought homemade oreos. It was fun! And so neat to read and then discuss some of the scriptures and have some spiritual insight from everyone. It was just a neat experience that I am grateful I was able to be a part of this time.
~I'm so excited to start working towards achieving my Young Women's Medallion as a leader. They even have fancy new ones that are really pretty and I'm hoping to get one of those! They have a garnet I believe and you can get it in either silver or gold.
~The kids had their Primary program today and they did a really good job. It was really a neat concept that the ladies came up with. Matty did the opening of the program, Max gave a talk we had to write for him for the program, and Zack had a part as well as reading the conclusion of the program. I was thinking how well behaved the boys had been through the program. Zack was reading the conclusion. I started to get choked up for some girly reason. Some ladies started making their way to the front while the pianist started playing Teach Me To Walk In the Light. I realized the ladies were going to sing the verse that starts, Come little child and together we'll learn. More tears. Then the kids started doing the first verse in sign language. Flowing tears came as I thought about my cousins sweet little son, Parker. Then......Max (who is sitting on the front row on the stand and is realizing that it's hard to do sign language while holding a talk in your hands) threw his wadded up piece of paper (talk) to us seeing as how we were on the 2nd row of pews (and I thought making the walk of shame to the 2nd row since we were late was going to be the most embarrassing moment of the meeting). Instant end to flowing tears. Silly boy! We were SO CLOSE!!!
~Went to the Soup and Bread Dinner last night at church. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that night each year! Brian made ham and potato soup (clam chowder with ham instead of clams since Matty is allergic to fish). So yummy! It was the first soup gone and everyone loved it! One old guy was even scraping the pan to get the last of it on his second helping. Good stuff! Bonus...The Banasky's let everyone fill up the cute little bushel baskets with gourds that were decorating the tables and take them home. I was so excited! They grow tons of gourds and pumpkins. They sell them and donate all the money to the Angel Tree at Christmas. Super neat people! Such HUGE hearts they have! One of their daughters is one of my Beehives. Love her! She is just the sweetest girl in the world!
~ Brian and I made this apple crisp together a few minutes ago. It is SO yummy and the house smells just like Fall!!! LOVE IT!!!

No comments: