Monday, August 24, 2009

Poor little Buttercup!

Little Buttercup had 3 shots today and an oral vaccine as well. Now, I know the dangers of not having the vaccines, I know they need them, I know they are just a plane ride away from getting some horrible dread disease if they don't get the vaccines, my kids are all 'up to date'! But I'm worried sick! I always am every time one of my kids get vaccines. Huey would always run a fever for days. Dewey broke out in a horrible rash all over his body and ran a fever for days when he was 12 months old and got 5 shots at once. So, when I read the reaction symptoms to watch for I always get totally freaked out worrying about them. Sometimes the rash or other reactions can show up several days or a week after the actual vaccine. It's always sad to me to see these sweet little angels going through pain when they are so good, so precious, so trusting. I am grateful that we have vaccines now and that medicine has evolved so much now so that our children can be better protected from horrible diseases but it's still not easy to go through it!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Hate shots! Poor baby! Hope she handles it well!
Tara