Friday, August 7, 2009

16 years of wedded bliss?

Uhh..NO! We're HUMAN so therefore the last 16 years have not been easy! We've had lots and lots of ups and downs. We've had many, many disappointments. We make our plans and Heavenly Father laughs at us and then we ride out His plan as best we can. We've laughed a lot, we've cried a lot and through it all we STILL love each other. We have shared some of life's greatest joys. We've also experienced a lot of heartaches. We are there for each other. We have each other's back. We made 4 dang cute kids!!! We still can't stand being away from each other for long periods of time. We're still attracted to each other even though 16 years has morphed us into somewhat different looking people. Brian still looks quite a bit the same, other than his bi-pap machine mask that makes him look weird and sound like Darth Vader, but I look so different that last week my cousin that I haven't seen in almost 16 years didn't even recognize me. :( Some things have changed. Some things haven't: Brian still doesn't do dishes, however he will unload the dishwasher and dish drainer and he's a great cook! I still want to talk things out in a fight and he still just sits there... not saying a single word...and making me more and more irrate by the milisecond! He's still the first person I want to share news with, the good and the bad. We are each other's safe place to fall. I'm thankful that we are together and that our children have such a loving father. I'm glad I get to see it since he's private and doesn't really show it much in front of others. I'm thankful he honors his priesthood. I'm thankful that we are patient with each other's idiocinricies since I'm not sure that any one else would be. We are as happy as two people that have faced our challenges can be. I'm glad that I know Brian in different ways than anyone else on earth will ever know him since he is pretty shy about letting others see that part of him. And I hope we can withstand all of life's pressures, challenges, frustrations, temptations enough to be able to share all of the wonderful joys in this life and in the life to come that the Lord has to offer. For eternity! Forever, for always, and no matter what...within reason of course! :) Happy Anniversary Babe! I love you tons and tons!!!

1 comment:

Shani said...

Wow 16 years, you guys are getting to be pretty old farts!! HaHaHa!! Congrats anyway!!