Thursday, September 10, 2009

Just a little ventilation...

So, am I the only one that thinks it's weird when old men sit outside on their porches in their pj's watching kids walk to school? I just saw a guy doing this the other morning when I took the kids to school and there was a guy that did this in another town we lived in when our oldest was in kindergarten. I find it very creepy and disturbing!!!

You all know we're moving and I'm trying to get a free minute somewhere to pack. I was trying to be all productive the other morning but couldn't stand my kitchen floor that was sticky from the boys making fruit kabobs to go with our dinner the night before and apparently dripped juice everywhere so I decided to mop. I mopped my kitchen, then the pantry, then 2 bathrooms. I was walking back into the kitchen to dump out my water since I needed to scrub out the sink in there anyway and forgot that the floor would be slippery and slipped and fell and landed on my left knee and dropped the mop bucket full of water all over the floor. I'm so talented! I'm sure my husband is sorry he missed that spectacle! Anyhoo, last night I had my oldest son peeling potatoes for me for our dinner and I walked by him and caught my right pinkie toe on his heel and it bent back and I'm pretty sure it broke. It's all purple and swollen and lovely. That's just what I need...to be slower than I already am! FYI somehow he wasn't hurt.

This morning we were listening to the radio while we waited for my kindergartner to get out of school. The song Hero by Enrique Iglesias came on. When he belts out, "I will stay by you forever." my 3 year old says,"I will step on you forever????" like he was wondering what the heck!! Cracked me up!

I LOVE that lately my 3 year old has decided that when I'm in the same room as he is he'd better tell me to look away before he does something naughty! Thanks for the heads up, buddy! Now if I could get him to give me some sort of signal before he wreaks havoc when I'm NOT in the room my life would be SO much easier!!!

We've lived in this house for 6 months that is for sale and we have only had a hand full of people come to look at it in all of that time...until....we've decided to move, we're trying to pack up the house, my husband started a job over an hour away and was staying in that town overnight last week and I didn't have help, we have a ton of stuff going on and the house looks like a bomb went off...THEN we have people come to look at the house. It has shown 3 times in a week. Including this morning. At 10 a.m.! I keep having to frantically speed clean in just a few hours time (don't know what happened to the agreement that we'd have 24 hours notice but whatever) to try not to embarrass myself or the realtor that is also our landlord too much when he shows the house. THAT is something I will NOT be missing about this house when we move! OH! Or the really, really light tan carpet throughout the house! 3 boys + almost white carpet= yuckarama carpet!!! Especially under the table! GROSS!! Should be outlawed!!! We finally bought a great carpet remnant to put under the table so my poor husband didn't have to keep shampooing all the time.

That is all for my venting today. Thanks for listening and have a great day!!! :)

3 comments:

Berke and Cassy said...

Thanks that was fun to read and it gave me a good laugh!!!

Princess Hairstyles said...

YES I absolutely think it's weird when old men sit on their porches in their pj's watching the kids walk to school!

I hope your toe is feeling better!!

Denette said...

Good thing I am not old or a man. I sit in my PJ's on the porch and watch the kids play while waiting for the bus. Somehow the old and man thing does make it a bit creepy.

Funny week you have had!!!