Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I've fallen off the wagon...

So, most of you know that my 7 year old, Matthew, is SEVERELY allergic to all nuts. We pretty much kissed all nuts goodbye in our house because it's so scary to even consider the possibilities of accidental cross contamination and also he was so little that we were afraid he would accidentally eat something he shouldn't have. SCARY!!! Well, I LOVE peanut butter!!! I never cared much for it as a child but I can't get enough as an adult. It saved me during my first trimester when I was pregnant with Zack and NOTHING sounded good but peanut butter sandwiches or Arby's regular roast beef sandwiches. I used to gag over Reeces Peanut Butter Cups as a kid but now....LOVE!!! And who can get enough peanut M&M's?! I mean really!!! Sometimes I sneak some when he's at school but then I have to really watch my kisses with him. I can only kiss him on the top of his head on his hair after I've eaten anything with nuts or he breaks out in hives. Even if it has been HOURS since I ate it. So I usually just don't have any. Well, this week I've had 2 peanut butter sandwiches and Brian snuck me some peanut M&M's and I needed to make some cookies for YW/YM activity tonight so I did it...I made peanut butter cookies. I even licked the peanut butter spoon clean afterwards. I feel so guilty and like everything is contaminated but I've truly scrubbed and scrubbed and I think it's all good. And can I just say that these may be the best peanut butter cookies I've ever eaten. Could be that they are just so dang yummy because it's been like YEARS since I've eaten any but still.. YUMMY!!! If everything goes well with these and we can keep him safe since he's old enough to really understand the dangers and stuff then I'm going to have to make more peanut butter goodies. Oh, scotcheroos, how I've missed you!!!

No comments: