Thursday, January 20, 2011

I survived my first time!!

Last night was the first time I had to be in charge of a combined YW/YM activity. I was scared to death! I don't know why. I just need more confidence in myself I know. As I thought about ideas for the activity I thought playing a game would be a lot of fun. There is a really fun sounding LDS Family Feud game idea online but I was a bit worried about pulling that one off. I thought about our 'Spiritual Pictionary' game we play for Family Home Evening and decided it would be perfect! It was pretty easy to prepare for. I wrote like 30 different clues or whatever you call them on the back of cute scrapbook paper strips for cuteness and just used sharpies to decorate a white sack to put them in. Not real clever looking but colorful and 'cute' enough to not be too boring. Then the YW leaders brought cookies for dessert. The kids LOVED it!!! We all did! We laughed a lot and had a really fun time! We put equal amounts of leaders and youth on each team. We had 6 youth there and 8 leaders. I couldn't play because I knew the clues and one of the leaders took score. We have a small group but they are a lot of fun!!! Now that I think of it it might have been fun to have kids against leaders. But it was really fun to watch them all play! The leaders AND the kids all said what fun it was and some of them even said it was the most fun they had had at an activity in a long time. I was SO relieved!!! I know some of you have Young Women's callings and thought I'd pass the idea along. Some of the clues I used were things like...Be strong and of a good courage, Pinewood Derby, for the strength of youth, Resurrection, Love at Home, Ammon, Samuel the Lamanite, Joseph Smith's first vision, Baptisms for the dead, Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam, Pearl of Great Price, Golden Plates, etc. I hope you give it a try!!! Please let me know if you do and how it turns out!!

Please google My Sisters Love at Home and listen to their totally awesome version of this great song! I can't figure out how to link it but it's so worth taking a minute to listen to it!! Have a great day!!!

No comments: