Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Spiritual Pictionary

I've always wanted a dry erase board but never bought one. I found one Saturday morning at a garage sale for $1. Yesterday I was trying to decide what to do for Family Home Evening and decided a game of "Spiritual Pictionary" would be fun. Brian and I thought of words and phrases to draw. We had things like:
Love at Home
Jesus
Temple
Family
Missionaries

And harder ones like:

Noah's Ark
Jesus touches the stones for the brother of Jared
Daniel in the Lion's Den
Samuel the Lamanite
Nephi slays Laban
The Holy Ghost

We made enough so that each person could draw 3 times. It took longer than we thought which was kind of nice. It was a lot of fun! We laughed a lot! The kids had never played pictionary of any kind so it was such a fun time for them. I've always LOVED Pictionary!

Stephanie and I used to play Pictionary for hours on end on many a lllooooonnnggg Sunday afternoon as we desperately tried to entertain ourselves since mom had banned us from watching tv on Sundays except for The Wonderful World of Disney and Little House on the Prairie. We took turns drawing for each other because no one else liked playing Pictionary so much, but we totally did. We had so much fun doing that and I was so excited to play again.

The boys liked it so much that I had to bribe them to stop playing it last night by promising to write up a bunch of random words for them to draw this morning. Brian finished off the night by scooping us up some ice cream cones. It was a fun night!

I'm glad I found the dry erase board. I just LOVE a good garage sale!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I'm going to have to copy that one! Sounds like tons of fun! My kids love to draw, so that would work wonderfully at our house. On Monday our kids begged (seriously begged) us to have a "normal" FHE - they were asking for a lesson and everything - they didn't want to weed the garden as a family, attend a baseball event, or do service for the old neighbor behind us one more time. So Blake was teasing them that it was too bad that they wanted a normal FHE, because he was planning on taking them bowling! They changed their minds pretty quickly, and then dad had to follow through - so we went bowling and happened to be the only family there the entire time! It was fun!

Denette said...

That is a great idea. I am going to have to use that.