Monday, August 2, 2010

Randomness

~Swamp coolers don't work very well in 90 degree weather with 60% humidity.
~Why is there 60% humidity here?! I think that must be some kind of record. Or at least it has to be a record for most continuous days with 50-60% humidity. Seriously!! I've lived here for 21 years and I've never experienced this. It's like living in Kansas again. Especially in the town we live in. Maybe up north where there are lakes and stuff but where we live is usually dry as a bone! Our skin was cracked and bleeding this winter from the incredible dryness. Usually when we come visit for a weekend our skin dries out so badly that we itch like mad. So humidity like this is unusual. The nice thing is we aren't bleeding from the dryness anymore. The bad part is...we're MELTING!!! Our swamp cooler is not working well at all. All of our chips, cereal, and crackers are grody mush! Not good!!! Oh well, whatchya gonna do?! At least it's hot and not snowy. That is definitely a good thing!!!
~International Days was so much fun this year! The kids were in the Kid's Day parade. They got to go to the Kid's Day activities and had so much fun on the climbing walls, bounce houses, getting their faces painted, winning stuffed animals, getting snow cones. The best part for me is that it was ALL....FREE!!! (FYI: Nice looking men in their 70s look weird with earrings in their ears!!!) We walked over to the fun craft booths and I bought a super adorable hat at the place De got hers last year. They are so fun and cute and I can't wait to wear mine! It's too stinking hot now to wear it but some day I will wear it and it will be so cute! I never buy myself fun stuff so I am so excited!!! Saturday Zack was in the grande parade with the scouts. He had so much fun! And he looked adorable in his new Webelos scarf and slider. He's the cutest scout ever!!! Later he got to help out at the Scout Expo. They had a fun rope bridge to climb on and they got to make rockets and shoot them off. They LOVED that!!!
My FAVORITE part was that they opened up the log cabins at Pioneer Park and let us walk through them. That was so neat! And I got to look at the incredible quilt that the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers made to raffle off. What talented ladies! It was such a great day! The heat and humidity made it horribly hot and sticky but we still had a lot of fun! Brian missed all the fun since he was picking up jet skis in Wahweep Friday and picking up a boat in Bullfrog on Saturday. So grateful for his willingness to work so hard for our little family!!!
~To finish off our great weekend we went to church. What great meetings! Testimony meeting was wonderful and Relief Society was just lovely! Our bishop's wife taught the lesson. This was her third week teaching in a row for various reasons. Her husband has cancer and is going through chemo now and I think she works. How many of us would have said, NO WAY!!! I'm too busy, or I have already taught 2 times before?! So glad she taught because I totally needed to hear her lesson! What an incredible lady! The spirit was very strong in that meeting. I felt truly uplifted and edified as they say and ready to face the new week. So glad for a great ward!!! After dinner we walked the Helper walking path. That was nice. We hadn't done that in years! The kids hadn't been except Zack and he was too little to remember. They had so much fun climbing the fun steep staircase, walking through tunnels, watching the water run over the little water fall, and eating plums they picked from the tree. It was such a fun time!
My cute flashy hat. Won't I be cute when I'm having a bad hair day and I throw this on my head! I can't wait to wear it!


1 comment:

Denette said...

Oh yes the hat is cute. You can put it on when having a bad hair day or a no shower day and you will still be cute. If you are like me I need 7 different hats for each day of the week. So much easier than doing your hair.