Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A little randomness...

~We discovered that a child safety thingy for the refrigerator door keeps cute, silly one year old little girls from throwing random, possibly important things in the garbage if you attach it to one of those handy garbage cans that has a lid that you open by stepping on a little pedal with your foot. It's amazing what a little child proofing can do for a person's sanity! Brian put those little locks on the cabinet doors as well so now the kids still have their plates, cups, and bowls low enough to reach and they can open the child proof locks but Gracie stays out! It has saved me so much time cleaning up that stuff several times a day and rewashing everything that she was dragging everywhere. Especially had to rewash them when we had our dog. YUCK!!!
~2 weekends ago Brian said he would do anything I asked him to. He's been so busy working 10 hour days and then delivering for J.J. on weekends and then we've been running around a lot so it was wonderful to have a weekend that was freed up so we could get caught up on some stuff that has been neglected. He mowed the lawn, bought and put together a weed eater, mowed down the weeds I couldn't cut with the weed eater, put weed killer and fertilizer on the lawn, he built a book case, built some shelves in our closet for our shoes, took a bunch of stuff to the cellar, cut and spliced back together the hose that had a hole in it, helped me hang pictures, fixed the broken handle and the broken shock absorber on the front screen door, took the tv out of the dining room and hooked it up in the bedroom, baby proofed the garbage can and cabinets...I can't remember everything but it has been wonderful having those things done!!! He did SO much and never complained, sighed, or rolled his eyes once!!! I am SOOOOO grateful for everything he did and does for our little family!!! I know I don't say it often enough but I love him and appreciate him!!!
~I cleaned up the boy's room today and it looks so good!!!  The computer is in the kitchen and right by their bedroom door so as I'm typing I sneak a look every now and again. I'm hoping to remember how nice it looks since I'm sure it will be completely destroyed in about 5 minutes when Gracie wanders in there and starts throwing everything around again. It's always nice to enjoy those things while they last!!!
~I'm thinking that pink car seats and strollers are super cute but not very practical. Not for my daughter anyway. We took her poor stroller camping since we didn't have another one. It's DISGUSTING now!!! YUCK-O!!! Keeping her car seat clean is quite the chore, too! But they are SOOOO cute I just couldn't resist!!!!  Oh well! At least she had fun, eh! I refused to try to keep her or her stuff clean when we were camping! What would have been the fun in that?!   :) 
~I'm so glad that I can use the internet to listen to my favorite radio stations, from where we lived before. We can still listen to them even though we can't get them on the radio here. I love the internet! And I LOVE music!!! It makes me happy!!!!

No comments: