Monday, March 22, 2010

Such a fun weekend!

My wonderful sister-in-law, Becky, invited me to go scrapbooking with her this past weekend. Overnight. In her families gorgeous log cabin. That they built with their own hands. In the middle of the mountains. In the middle of nowhere. Without my kids. With 6 other fun ladies. With tons of junk food and talking. Of course I excitedly went!! I am so glad I have a husband that loves me and is such a wonderful father that he was not intimidated in the least by having a 10 month old, a 4 year old, a 6 year old, and a 9 year old to take care of and happily said YES, you should go!!! It was so much fun and so nice to have a much needed break! We stayed up til 3:30 in the morning. I got lots of pages done to put in Max's scrapbook. He's been anxiously waiting for me to make him a scrapbook. He has been begging me, often, for like 2 years now but I haven't scrapbooked a single thing since I made Brian a scrapbook for Father's Day a couple years back full of pictures of him and the boys over the years. So I PROMISED him that I would scrapbook pages just for him! He was so happy! Looking at the pictures of my sweet little boys when they were tinier brought tears to my eyes. I can't believe how time flies! They are growing up WAY too fast! I have GOT to stop blinking!!! Every time I do they grow leaps and bounds! Can you believe Gracie turned 10 months old yesterday?! Crazy! I have decided I need to make more time for scrapbooking!
These are some of the reasons I love to scrapbook:
*It is therapeutic
*It helps me have a fun creative outlet.
*Cutting, glueing, playing with markers and with stickers is SO much fun!
*Looking at the pictures of fun times we've had and of my precious tiny babies is the best!
*I simplify my scrapbook pages so much so they are way cute without taking lots of time to do and they actually focus on the pictures instead of all the other crap on the page so it feels like more of a doable thing for me. I once had a S-I-L that would spend 5 to 6 hours per page. NO THANKS!!!
*My kids absolutely LOVE looking at their scrapbooks. Even poor Max and Matty that don't have very many pages have just as much fun looking  at their books as Zack (who has 3 whole books done) does.
*It is something I enjoy doing. It is something that gets completed and actually stays that way. Unlike house work and laundry and crap like that that is NEVERENDING and ETERNALLY INCOMPLETE!!!
*It's just plain FUN!!!

2 comments:

Shani said...

How FUN!!! I'm waaay jealous!!

Tara said...

How nice to run away for a few minutes! You should post some of your pages - I do not scrapbook. I have no talent and I just seem to hack up my poor pictures. I've given up and simply stick them in a binder with a photo sleeve. I think that's why I love the blog - a scrapbook and journal in one.....my kind of fun!