Saturday, March 13, 2010

Like sands through the hour glass....





~My sister Stephanie and her husband J.J. welcomed a beautiful baby girl into the world Tuesday. What a precious little angel!!! Can't wait to hold her!!!

Emily
7 lbs. 7 oz.
20 inches


~Max had strep throat and ear infections 2 weeks ago. Matthew had strep throat and a horrible hivey rash last week. This week Gracie has ear infections. The Dr. wondered if she might have RSV. He said the cough might just be from the ear infections but if it didn't improve by yesterday we needed to have her checked out for RSV at the hospital. She sounds tons better so we are thinking it was just from the ear infections thankfully! I am proud of myself for remembering all their doses of medicine so far. Usually I forget once in a while. I am tired of having to stay at home so much to keep from infecting people. I want to hold little Emily!!!! :(  
~Isn't it unreal the amount of mucus a person can produce. I can wipe a nose non-stop, suck it out a zillion times and I still end up with snot all over my shirt when I have a sick baby.  Human Kleenex...GROSSE!!!
~When I walked into WalMart the other day I was so happy! NEW CARTS!!! I even said YESSSS!!!!  It's official...I need more excitement in my life!!!
~My whole life I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher. Then I actually went on a field trip with a kindergarten class to the zoo and a museum at BYU and I decided I could never be a kindergarten teacher. I just didn't have enough energy for it! I was 19 YEARS OLD! The older I get the more I realize there is absolutely no way I could do that for many, many reasons! Here are just a few reasons why...
*being confined to the same room for hours on end with 20+ kids day after day, week after week, for 9 months a year would drive me insane!!!
*not a fan of wiping other people's kids' noses.
*some kids are really obnoxious!
*not a fan of bodily functions. One day Zack brought his back pack home from kindergarten covered in another kids' vomit because he lost his lunch all over the coats and backpacks as they were getting them to leave for the day. Bye, bye backpack! Not enough soap and hot water in the WORLD!!!
*I could go on and on but you get the idea.

I went back to school when Zack was 3 and Matty was 3 months old. I was just taking generals and trying to figure out what I wanted to do as a career. I fell in love with writing when I took my first English class. I used to love to write stories and poetry when I was younger but I had forgotten about that over the years. I absolutely hated English classes in high school and college the first go around! I also HATED history classes back then but thoroughly enjoyed my history class the second go around too. Well, I decided on Journalism as my major. My dream became to write articles for magazines and newspapers and to eventually write childen's books. I stopped going to school when I got pregnant with Max. I've wanted to write since then but I used my blog as my creative outlet. Well, I finally wrote an article for a magazine this week and I am going to submit it and hope it gets published. I am excited and nervous! Wish me luck on this little endeavor! 
~Zack got 2nd over all in the Pinewood Derby Thursday night. He designed his car, painted and decorated his car, and was so excited for the big day! Last year was his first year and while his car was very cool looking it also was very, very slow. We didn't know anything about weights and graphite and all that jazz. Well, Brian and Zack observed others and studied up on it on the internet a bit and this year his car was AWESOME!!! He won 3 heats and was 2nd in one heat so he was 2nd over all out of 15 cars. He was so excited! So were Brian, Max, and Matty! I stayed home with our sick little Gracie so I missed all the excitement but I got a full and very energetic report from my guys when they got home from the derby that night. If anyone ever needs any tips about the cars Brian would be glad to share what he's learned!  :)  I was so happy for my Zacky!
~Baseball tryouts were last night. I'm trying to get myself geared up for the season. It requires MUCH energy on my part! :0  Lots of running to practices and games and chasing after kids and lots of pizza, hot dogs, and sandwiches for dinner since the games are right at dinner time and you have to make something quick for everyone when we get home at like 6:30 or 7. YUCK!!! It's a whirlwind of sunscreen and stain stick. Man...who came up with white pants for baseball players. I.mean.really! It must have been a man!!! No woman in her right mind would have come up with that! They would have been brown, black, or maybe red-ish brown like Utah dirt! I guess at least they can be bleached! Anyhoo, he LOVES it and that's all that matters...right?! It IS fun to get into the games and cheer the team on and watch the progress of the players and visit with the other parents and be out of the house in the fresh, albeit, often COLD air after a long cooped up winter! It's fun for the whole family to spend the time together. It's nice to know there are still some forms of entertainment that don't involve any sort of electronic devices or tv or movie screens. Matty and Max want to play t-ball, too so that will surely add to the craziness but that just adds to the fun, huh!
P.S. I love getting comments!!!  :)

2 comments:

Denette said...

Doesn't sound like you are bored.

Tara said...

Oh Stephs baby is such a doll!! Cute baby girls in your family!!!

So much to catch up on! I totally laughed at your excitement over new carts at Walmart! I would have celebrated that too! Funny what makes a woman happy!

Good luck with your articles!