Thursday, March 18, 2010

I can't help myself!

I just have to write this post! This morning I read the news of Jesse James cheating on Sandra Bullock and then went on facebook where a friend of mine had posted about it and then just now I read another friend's blog post about the subject. I have wanted to write a post for some time now about infidelity but I was afraid that some of the people I would be referring to would read what I had written and that stopped me from doing it. Well, I am so fired up today about it I just can't stand it! I have to get my feelings out about the subject! My brother and 3 of Brian's brothers have had wives that have cheated on them destroying their marriages. The basic theme was there with each of them. They cheated and their husbands wanted to stay with them because the thought of breaking apart their little families was too much for them to bare. One of Brian's brothers even stayed in his marriage for 3 years after his wife's second affair (with a member of the bishopric by the way) and then after her 3rd affair that had lasted about a year he decided it was just too much for him to take and he left. What is wrong with women?! Seriously! One of these women even met a guy one weekend on a business trip to Seattle and did the deed that very weekend! WHAT!?! Can you even imagine?!  2 of these women became completely obsessed with her body and losing weight and running and one even had a boob job and then I suppose decided to take the girls for a new ride! Each time it has happened it has broken all of our hearts! We have been heart sick for the husbands and for their children and for the end of yet another marriage and family unit. It makes us sad to think that these women would do such things. What happened to the women that we knew and loved? I always think that Satan is rejoicing each time this happens. It is really sad too that these women are the ones who make the decisions to sin and end families and such, yet they suffer very few consequenses for their actions. The husbands are the ones that suffer so much emotional pain and often are left with nothing. They belittle the husbands to the children trying to turn the children against their dads. They take away the most basic desire and right of the fathers to spend time with their children and to participate in their lives in basic father/child situations. It just makes me so sad for all of them. When Brad Pitt cheated on Jennifer Aniston I was sick and furious! How dare he hurt someone that we all loved from watching her for 10 years on Friends. Not only did he do this with a woman that is known for doing the same exact thing over and over again but the whole thng was glamourized and treated like a wonderful thing and noone seemed to give a crap about it happening. They are the "it" couple still being glamourized, still no BAD consequences for what they did. It still angers me to see their faces on the covers of magazines. I think that the more this happens the more it is accepted. The more desensitized people become to the whole thing. There are so many tv shows and movies where this happens and people just get upset for a short time and then move on with their lives and get over it and patch things up. I guess that's just supposed to be SUPER and all that they are so forgiving and stuff but I think it makes people think that if they do this it's ok it doesn't matter anyway. Just watched a movie tonight about this very subject. Made me so mad to think that it ended with them getting back together. Am I wrong and judgemental for thinking like that? I just don't think they ever show the true emotions involved with such infidelity. I posted a while back about going to my nephew's baptism. All 4 families were there. The cheater's family, her new husband's family, Brian's brother's family, his AWESOME wife's family. It started as one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my entire life. You could cut the tension with a knife! But it ended well and everyone made it work for that sweet little boy. I had the thought come to mind that if everyone could imagine how that moment felt they might not be so quick to cheat and end marriages. It just makes me so sad! Hearing about Jesse James cheating on Sandra Bullock was so disturbing for me. For many reasons. Of course the obvious thoughts come to mind but I also couldn't help but picture poor Sandra Bullock finding out this horrible news. We all love her! She's one of my favorite actresses. We've seen her movies. We've seen her be so upset and hurt in movies. It isn't a difficult stretch of the imagination to picture what she is going through. She is like the girl next door, someone that everyone can picture hanging out with. You know! I'm just so sad for her! Also, I kept thinking how he let everyone down. He came across as someone that would do something like this or worse. Sandra believed in him and looked past the exterior and loved him for who he was on the inside and convinced all of us that he was good and that we should trust him too. You know. Finding out he did this made me so mad at him. I feel like he let us all down! He hurt such a great woman who trusted him and let herself feel things in a relationship that she hadn't allowed herself to feel before and then he tore her heart out and stomped all over it. And as if that all wasn't bad enough she found this out on the heels of winning the Oscar. For an actress that is so great and such a goal and honor and means a great deal to them. She should have still been riding the high from that experience but instead she is feeling as low as a person can feel I would think. Just makes me so mad at him!!!! It breaks my heart to think that this happens so much in this world today. I can only hope and pray that I never have to deal with this in my marriage.....

1 comment:

Ginger said...

It's a sad world isn't it. It makes me sick too!