Friday, November 9, 2012

I'm feeling happy...

Today, I am thankful for the opportunity I have to be a stay-at-home mom.  We have been so blessed and continue to be blessed by our decision for me to be home with our children.  We aren't always blessed financially but we are blessed in other, very important ways.  And we HAVE been blessed financially at times.  Usually the blessings are subtle and if we aren't looking for them, if we aren't being in tune, if we aren't having grateful hearts, we miss the opportunity to acknowledge the blessings.  They are always there though.  Over the past couple of days we've been amazingly blessed.  Over the past couple of months really.  You know, looking back over the past 3 difficult years, blessings were always there in one form or another and we are truly grateful!  I love it when there are little reminders here and there that make me just think-whew, Heavenly Father knows us and loves us and wants us to be happy and helps us every single day of our lives.  Sometimes life is so difficult that it's hard to really feel joyful.  Thank goodness for our children, who bring us joy every single day.  But, lately I find myself feeling happy more and more, and it feels so very good!  It was really hard to feel a lot of joy during the months Brian was out of work.  And it has taken some time to get ove those months and to become comfortable feeling happy instead of dreading what trial will come next.  I love this feeling of happiness and I sure hope it lasts for a while!  I know that there will continue to be trials.  They are inescapeable.  So, for now, we'll just take in as much joy as we possibly can to help sustain us through whatever comes our way.  I love this quote by President Gordon B. Hinckley... “In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.”  I just have to try to remember that...

No comments: