Friday, October 26, 2012

Yeah, Itching really bites!

I've been itching non-stop for like a week or so. It started on my back. Now, my arms and legs itch, AND my back itches. My back has scabs all over it from me scratching the crap out of it. Now, my arms and legs have little scabs all over them, too. I have my trusty bamboo back scratcher that helps me out. I don't like to be very far from it. And Gracie LOVES to put lotion on my back and to scratch it for me, so I take full advantage of her lotion fetish. My skin doesn't look or feel dry. I was diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency about 6 weeks ago. I took 50,000 UI's once a week for 6 weeks. Now, I'm taking 5,000 UI's daily for another few weeks and then I'll go have my blood drawn again to check my levels. I have to say that I was having a lot of symptoms that the the vitamin D has really helped to feel better.  I've looked up all of my medications to see if any of them have itching listed as a side effect or anything. None of them do. One vitamin D website says that if you are overdosing on vitamin D or if you are allergic to it, you might experience itching. I feel that taking vitamin D has really helped a lot of the symptoms I was having so I really don't want to stop taking it. I'll just itch for the next few weeks if that's the reason for the itching. Benedryl doesn't make the itching stop. I never in a million years would have thought that the symptoms I was having could be caused by a vitamin D deficiency. I thought I had an auto-immune disease or something because they were pretty miserable symptoms. But this itching is CRAZY!!!  I just can't stand it! UGH!

No comments: