Friday, October 26, 2012

Just some things I jotted down

~Well, I always think of things to blog about but by the time I actually have a chance to sit down and type up my ideas I have forgotten what I was going to say. I hate that! That is why my posts are really random though. I like to use my blog as a journal also, to kind of keep a bit of a record of our family. So, anyway, here are some of the things I actually remember.

~Gracie has always been so incredibly sweet! I have enjoyed being her mom so much~ she slept through the night from day 2. She was such a mama's girl. She was the cutest little baby girl I'VE ever seen! She's still cute and sweet and lovely until her brothers come home. The other day she kept sneaking out of the house to go to the park with her brothers and I would put her in time out. Well, I brought her back inside again for the 2nd or 3rd time that night. It was the day it was colder this week and she was barefoot and didn't have a jacket on. She had started a cold that day too. I wasn't a happy mommy. I brought her in the house and sat her on a bar stool so I could keep an eye on her while I made dinner. She said, "YAY! Time out is fun! I was like...WHAT?! Time out is NoT fun! I took her off of the stool and put her in a corner. She turned to me and spit toward me. I touched her mouth and said, "No! We don't spit!" She started laughing...What the....!!! I thought who the heck are you and what have you done with my sweet little girl?! Today, though, she ran to her room and pouted on her bed (this isn't a new thing) when I told her she can't kick Grandma's pretty T.V. stand. Her brothers had woken her up this morning at 7:00. She normally sleeps until 9:00 or 10:00 so she was a bear all morning. While she was pouting on her bed she fell asleep and slept for 2-3 hours. So, if she's going to fall asleep when she is acting like a stinker then I'm all for that! :0)

~It is still lots of fun to be with her during the day usually. She says and does the cutest things! She collected "feafs" (leaves) with Zacky and they did that thing where you put paper over them and lay a crayon down on its side and ran it over it to copy them. Well, a few days later Zacky found a really big leaf on the way home from the bus stop and brought it for her to copy again. I thought that was so thoughtful and sweet of Zacky. She loves him so much!

~I had so much fun at Target the other day! I got to buy Gracie some clothes and it was so much fun! She lives mostly on nice hand-me-downs and gifts from my mom. She always has. We have been so blessed that way. So it was especially fun to be able to buy some cute clothes for her myself. :)

~We survived speaking in church again. I actually didn't even mind it as much this time as I usually do. I got to speak about service so the hard part was deciding which of the many examples of service I thought of and found to actually use in my talk. It went pretty well so it's nice to get it over with.

~I worried so much about Zack adjusting to a new school. Yesterday we were driving down the street when, out of the blue, he said that he likes living up here sooo much more than he did living in Price. Whew! What a relief that is! HUGE!!!

No comments: