Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My husband won't stop touching me!!!!!

Not in a good way, either! Let me explain...when Brian and I got married we slept in his king size bed that his mom handed down to him several years after her husband had passed away and she decided to downgrade to a queen size bed. I was all into snuggling when we were first married and he was all into his own space. He would snuggle me for a few minutes and then he'd be like that's enough. Have you ever seen the episode of Friends where they were trying to figure out how to unsnuggle once the girlfriend fell asleep? At least they were nice about it. :) Well, I just still snuggled with my stuffed animal I used to sleep with before we were married and it was all good. Yes! I still slept with a stuffed animal. It was one of those huge bears from Penney's and was so soft and snugly. Anyhoo, a couple of years ago he went through a snuggling phase and sometimes I really enjoyed it! Other times I was thinking...seriously...get away...I can't sleep with you touching me!!!!!! But after being married that long I was trying to be grateful he still liked me at all and didn't say anything...just suffered in silence. ;) We had our oldest son sleep with us until he was 2 and once we got our bed back I swore I would NEVER do that again!!! And we haven't! Just the occasional sick kid in the bed or snuggle time with the baby after a night time feeding where the umbilical cord doesn't seem to stretch all the way back to the bassinet that was pushed up against the side of our bed, once in a while. We moved in with Brian's mom until we can find somewhere to live down here and we live in her basement that has a large family room, 3 bedrooms, and large entry type thing, and a bathroom. Louie has his own room so his brothers can actually fall asleep at a decent hour without him bugging them for hours after bed time. We took the room with a queen size bed and room for the crib and Brian's beloved television. We put the other boys in the room that has 2 queen size beds in it so they could each have their own bed and there is still plenty of room for dressers and stuff. How do people sleep in queen size beds?!?! I can't sprawl out! I even know of people who share a double bed. NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!!!! We'd probably kill each other! I steal the covers all night. Which isn't any different than when we sleep in our king size bed other than the blankets are smaller so there is less chance he'll have anything left to cover up with at all. We keep touching each other in a totally Nacho Libre kind of way..."a nice pile drive to the face, or a punch to the face." Not on purpose of course but after 16 years of having plenty of space to sleep you have a hard time remembering when you are sound asleep that there is someone RIGHT THERE and you elbow each other, kick each other, and basically get on each other's nerves A LOT!!! Well, I'm thinking of trading the boys! Just think of all the space we'd have to ourselves if we each slept in our own queen size bed?! It would be heavenly. It's not too far to go if we need a little "private time" (cousin Eddie, Christmas Vacation) then you just go right back to all that glorious space!!! Hey, if it was good enough for Rob and Laura on the Dick Van Dyke show, by gosh, it's good enough for us! Right?!

3 comments:

Tara said...

You crack me up!!! I must admit that your title had me a little bit worried! Then I couldn't stop laughing!!! I have to say that a King is the only way to go! Now if he would just stop snoring....
Tara

Denette said...

When we bought our King I asked my Grandma to make me a Log Cabin quilt for it. She gave me such a hard time for needing a King size bed. She has always had that Double that you were talking about. She thinks a Queen is huge. Needless to say, I ended up buying a quilt.

A King was necessary for us. My husband can fill a Queen all by himself. Hmmmm where do I fit?

Ginger said...

We slept in a Queen until January of this year. When we bought us a new bed I insisted on a King and I'm so glad we have one! So nice! I love it! I was wishing our bed was even bigger the last couple nights when my three-year-old slept next to me all night with a fever and cough.
Good luck on him not touching you!