Friday, October 16, 2009

It's Just WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so, I'm old! I get it! I accept it! I just don't know what to do with this knowledge. I don't know what is age appropriate to wear. Or what is age appropriate for my hair. I still feel like I'm 19 on the inside. I'm 36 now and I see adorable stuff at the stores and I think oh that is SO cute!!! But am I too old for it?! I mean, I know I'm not 80 or anything but I'm just confused! I need a style. I need to be more hip and cool in a 36 year-old kind of way. I don't want people to think I'm like a total loser in my outfit that looks like a 19 year old has more business wearing it than I do. I also don't want people thinking, nice outfit, grandma!! I was at Target a few weeks ago and I was wearing a (what I thought was) cute t-shirt I bought a few months back at Old Navy. It was one of their $5 tees. Well, I'm feeling cutish in my little t-shirt when an 85 year old lady comes walking by with a grin from ear to ear, wearing MY shirt! I didn't know whether she was wrong or I was wrong or if we were both right. I just know that it felt terribly, terribly, WRONG!!! I miss my friend Melissa! She used to live next door to me. We lived in townhouse apartments and our doors were literally like a few inches from each other. She is adorable! She is also a hair stylist. I was always knocking on her door asking her if this was cute or that was cute or if I looked freaky! I ask Brian now and it just isn't the same. He'll tell me I look cute and then I see myself in a picture and I'm completely mortified!!! I don't know if he really thinks it's cute, doesn't have the heart to tell me I look like a freak a deak, or what but it's just not the same, that's for sure! I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a cute shirt lately and I have seen a few that I think are great but I don't have the confidence to just buy it. Maybe I should just get a new pair of shoes! I LOVE shoes!!! You can't really go too wrong with shoes and a new pair of shoes always makes me feel better!!!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh I know exactly where you are coming from. I still feel 19 years old too, until I look in the mirror! I showed up to my grandmothers funeral and matched her dear friend that was in her early 90's (an no, she wasn't a hip grandma). I was horrified! It was my favorite shirt/skirt outfit. I threw it away the minute I got home. I'm so lost here too...and the cute things don't fit and look as cute as they do on those 19 year olds....I need help too!
Tara

Ginger said...

I think we all need help! We need more confidence! I'll think something is cute on someone else, but when I try it on it just doesn't look as cute. I think it's because I don't have the "perfect body" like some of these cute girls around. I say as long as you FEEL cute, then you are! And I think INNER BEAUTY is far more important! And you are both beautiful on the inside!!