Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nothing else will do...


Last night while I was reading in my bed, Gracie came in the room, crawled under the covers and snuggled up to me and started talking. She talked and talked her cute little heart out. She's in that funny stage where she makes things up as she goes. She comes up with some real doozies! I just love my little girl so incredibly much that words could never express how much I love her! As she talked away, she made some of the funniest little faces. Scrunching up her nose, rolling her eyes, cracking herself and me up. It was just the sweetest moment. I can't believe how quickly my babies are growing. It hurts to think about it too much. As I laid there by her and looked at her beautiful little face and listened to her sweet little voice I almost got teary. It was one of those moments when you wish you could just freeze time and never let it change the way things are right then. I hope and pray that I can always remember that sweet little conversation and the beautiful feelings of being incredibly blessed and of feeling pure joy. I am so grateful to be the mother of my 4 little precious angels. I know with all of my heart that they are truly the best part of this life. Besides the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the wonderful blessings that come from Him, our Heavenly Father, and The Holy Ghost, these are the greatest sources of joy and blessing that Heavenly Father could ever give me. I can't help but be incredibly grateful to Him for this gift. I hope we can live worthy of being a family forever. Nothing else will do...

2 comments:

Denette said...

In my youth I remember hearing adults talk about freezing time. I didnt' get it. I do now! These kids are only in out homes for a short time. I am enjoying every minute of it, but it still goes by too fast.

Tara said...

I'm there with you too! I've often been too tired or overwhelmed and found myself starting to wish the hours and days away. Time flies by and if we can remember to slow down and savor those special moments we find more joy than ever. I'm already dreading the next six years flying by. I just want it to stay like it is right now!