Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Now that's my kind of "camping" :)

~On July 17th we went to my sister, Stephanie & her husband J.J.'s cabin that they bought in Scofield, Utah. They went in on the cabin with 7 other couples. They each take certain weeks throughout the year. They invited us and Katie and Chris and our parents to go with them last week. No one else in our family lives in the state anymore. :(  We had such a wonderful time! Sunday and Monday of that week my stupid raw nerve was bothering me so much. It kept hurting while we were up there but after being so relaxed up there and having such a great time it finally went back to normal (my normal, anyway. maybe tolerable would describe it better. haha). We had so much fun 4-wheeling, playing card games, eating delicious food. The kids and hubbies went fishing almost every day. They loved that! Max and Matthew had never fished before. Crazy, I know! They were in heaven! It was so nice to spend some time with family. I came away with a new addiction...HAND AND FOOT! It's a really fun card game. If you haven't ever played it before, you're missing out! We all came home with a renewed desire to have our own 4-wheeler. Someday.  J.J. owns a rental store called Toy-It-Up! They rent boats, 4-wheelers, dirt bikes, snowmobiles, jet skis, etc., so there were plenty of 4-wheelers to go around. Steph had some fun craft projects for the kids to do. They were SO excited to actually get to use paint! And did I mention the fabulous food? So yummy! Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to show for this because I thought my camera was out of batteries, but no, apparently the hot pink, zebra print, duct tape wasn't secure enough for the batteries to work right...Darn Disneyland thieves stealing my bag with my brand, spankin', new, camera in it, anyway! When it came time to leave we all hated to go but all good things must come to an end, as they say. On the way home we got a flat tire. That quickly brought us right back to reality!  :)

~Zack's scout camp was only like a mile away from the cabin. That made me feel better. Especially when he was on his 5 mile hike and they walked up the road by the cabin. They were lost and J.J. got them on the right path to get back to camp. Then, the night before they came home there was an award ceremony thing and parents were invited to come watch. We were kind of worried about going because we didn't want to embarrass him by being the only other parents that showed up. Well, one of the other parents called me and said they were going so I didn't want to have him be the only one who's parents DIDN'T show up. It's a slippery slope with 12 years I tell ya. :)  So we went and it turned out all of the boys from our ward had their parents or grandparent there to support them except for one boy. I felt so bad for him! And when Zack saw us he gave us great big hugs and looked like he was holding back tears. 6 days is a long time to be away from your family, especially when you're 12!  Zack had a great time at scout camp. I'm so glad he went and that everything went well!!! Having him so near where we were made it better!

Zack on the morning he left to the Frandsen Scout Ranch Camp

I just liked this outfit that my friend, Mysti gave me for Gracie! I just love cute hand-me-down's!! Just thought I'd share  :)

No comments: