Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A yummy recipe...

So I LOVE Italian food! I made this delicious Chicken Parmesan last night. It is so delicious now that I figured out how to make it right. I used to dredge it in Italian bread crumbs until I ordered it at Applebee's one time and they just fry the chicken breasts like they do their normal fried chicken. It was to die for so I decided to copy theirs and it is soooo much better! All you have to do is sprinkle some salt and pepper, dredge it in flour and fry it up. I use Lawry's Course Ground Garlic Salt With Parsley instead of plain salt and I fry it in canola oil because Brian doesn't like olive oil and canola is a bit healthier than vegetable oil. So then you place your fried chicken breasts on a cookie sheet. Spoon a little spaghetti sauce on top, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan. Place cookie sheet in the oven on broil for a few minutes until the cheese is a light golden brown like pizza cheese looks. Serve over a bed of pasta and sauce, any kind works fine. I used angel hair pasta. I promise if you try it this way you will LOVE it!!!

1 comment:

Tara said...

MMMM -- Sounds super good! I'll have to try it!
BTW - absolutely loved the shoe story....so my life!! I'll bet all of the other kids wished they had a cool mom that would let them wear two different shoes too!