Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Grooming, My Birthday, and Silly Max

My birthday was Friday the 13th this year. I hate when that happens!  It was a great day though! My awesome friends, Mysti and Tamra brought me a chocolate cake in a nice. clear glass cake pedestal with a cover. And they brought me basket with movies, a throw, candy, popcorn, and my survival juice...Cherry Coke!!! And they stayed and ate some cake with me and visited. I just love them! I've been so busy lately that I haven't had a lot of time to spend with them so it was especially nice to hang with them!  Brian had started making me a fabulous Coconut Cream Cake, that's to die for, when they came. So, I had 2 of my favorite cakes! Brian let me pick out some clothes at Maurices. I love them and it makes me feel good knowing I have some cute things to wear. I have such a desire to have cute clothes but no funds!  :) So I got clothes for Christmas AND my birthday. I actually have 3 pairs of jeans I can wear without having my belly hang over the waist, as if I were a man because they are so low rise and they are a size smaller than I really need. My new ones aren't low rise which if fabulous! Anyway, it really was a wonderful day and I felt very spoiled! My Mom has been in Florida visiting my brother, Nathan and his cute little family, so she said she'll come here when she is back in town and I get to celebrate again!  :) Usually I don't make a big deal about my birthday so this year has been especially fun! I've been kinda freaked about the fact that this is my last year of my 30's. Yeah, I'm 39! WoW!!! Where HAS the time gone?!?!? I'm going to try to make year 39 a great one!

~Yesterday, Max played at his friend, Gabe's, house. They invited him to stay for dinner. After I picked him up I asked him what they ate. He said it was lasagna. I asked him if he liked it. To which he responded, "It was good. She doesn't make it like you make it, with all the white stuff in it. It only had a little bit of the white stuff in it so it didn't make me want to puke." I am so grateful for my Max! He keeps us laughing, even when we are sad! I just love him so much!

~So, I can't remember if I ever told more about our dog situation. I was so embarrassed that I didn't dare talk about it. We had a dog named Tex. He was such a cute dog. And we all loved him. We only had him for a few days, however, because we were all allergic to him. The day we decided we needed to let him go, Zack had hives all over him. So, then we ended up with Lucy. Lucy we a cute little puppy. Max especially loved her. His brothers were in school and he wanted a little companion. Unfortunately, she liked to bite everyone. We had to put her on a cable leash thing out front where she could freely run up and down the full yard but she couldn't bite people when they came to visit. She bit almost all of us. We tried every googleable solution we could possibly find to try and nothing worked. One day she bit me twice and drew blood on my leg. That was the final straw. I didn't want her to attack my kids so we had to let her go also. So we finally ended up with Yager. He is a Miniature Schnauzer. He was 2 1/2 years old. His family was too busy to spend the time with him that he needed so we found him on KSL.com and met his owner and got the cute little guy. He is so much fun and we all love him. Since he was older I could ask important questions like, does he bite, chew things up, bark constantly, is he potty trained. He was been a perfect fit for our family. We didn't have him groomed the last few months because the poor guy shivered and shook all last winter. I couldn't take it anymore though and tried my hand at dog grooming last night. He looks so much cuter when he looks like a Mini Schnauzer instead of like Benji! If you don't look closely, he looks really good.  ;)

No comments: