Sunday, June 17, 2012

A clever Primary idea. Gift envy. Some quotes and some fun 4th of July ideas.

~Ok, so they changed the Primary Presidency and the Relief Society Presidency in our ward last Sunday. I just loved all of the ladies that were released so much and I think they did a wonderful job in their callings. They had all been in their callings for a long time so it was just time for a change. One thing that the new Primary Presidency has done is this: 
A sticky note! I shudder to think of how many notes we HAVEN'T received from our kids, telling us they had a talk or prayer or scripture in Primary the next week. I just thought it was a very clever way to send home their notes so I thought I'd share.

~The Relief Society gave all the dads a big cinnamon roll in clear plastic boxes that look kind of like what a corsage would come in for their Father's Day gift. They added a sticker to the top that says "Happy Father's Day". Luuuckyyyy! Thankfully, one of the girls in our YW brought us each one also since they had more than what they needed. They.were.delicious!!!

~Some more of my favorite Pinterest finds...
Quotes-

"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all-in which case, you fail by default." -J.K. Rawling

"The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday." Author unknown

"Life is like a camera. Just focus on what's important and capture the good times. Develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot." Author unknown

"If you want to make a difference in the world, you must be different from the world." Elaine Dalton

This adorable shirt with large ric-rack and blue polka dot ribbon. Too cute!! I tried to find the original post-er but I couldn't.

I found a new blog to stalk follow. You just HAVE to check out their link. Isn't this strawberry the cutest thing ever! And super easy! I'm not a big sprinkle girl so I would maybe color more white chocolate blue and dip it in that for the bottom. I just can't wait to try them!
  



These ladies are AMAZING!! This is one of my favorite blogs too! http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/06/35-fun-july-4th-recipes.html


No comments: