Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I have an idea...

How about we change the way Visiting Teaching works. How about, when we have one of those rare days when our house is REALLY clean and tidy and has no strange smells or any horrible messes and everything feels put together, in it's place, and totally presentable...WE call our Visiting Teachers and ask if they would please come visit us today. That would be so awesome don't you think?!

So, this morning I decided it would be super great to finish the second book in a series I'm reading and start the third book because I just couldn't stand to put it down. Sure, there was a sink full of dishes that needed to be washed. And, yes, I have 4 baskets of laundry that need folded and put away. My bathroom needs cleaned. The living room needed vacuumed because we had popcorn last night and the kids got little bits all over the place.
They ALWAYS get little bits all over the place.                                                                         
 Why do I continue to buy popcorn?                                                             
Do I REALLY expect a different outcome? 
              You know what they say about that, right?!
Expecting a different outcome, that is. 
Anyway, my room looks like a bomb went off, mainly because I have the 4 baskets of laundry in there. And I shampooed the living room and Brian shampooed the dining room on Saturday and I need to shampoo Gracie's room and the kitchen. And I know I have Kindergarten Roundup in just a couple hours. But, I decided to read instead. I NEVER do that anymore. I mean, I read but I just don't do it for hours on end in the middle of the day when I have a zillion things to do. I do it in the late hours of the night or the wee hours of the morning when I can't sleep. So this afternoon my visiting teachers called and asked if they could come visit me tonight..........Uuummmmmm.....Sure! That would be grrrrreaaaaat. 
Hence, the wonderful new idea to change the way we do visiting teaching.
Who's with me????

1 comment:

Tara said...

Me! I'm all for phone visits only! I'm good - you're good - we're all good - perfect!