Monday, March 28, 2011

I feel like summer today...

I was just thinking how wonderful it was to sit outside last summer while the kids ran and played on the freshly cut green grass. Or while they played in the frigid pool or ran through the sprinklers to get some much needed relief from the sweltering heat. I read a book or fiddled on my laptop or just sat and watched their funny little antics and interactions wishing time could hold still and they could stay like this forever. I remember one day in particular when we were outside enjoying a hot summer day when the ice cream truck magically appeared. The kids were thrilled!!! They ate their treats while they sat in our little pool and everything was right with the world. I wanted to take the kids outside to run and play and just pretend that today is a beautiful summer day but then I remembered that it's chilly and windy today and that yesterday we were surprised to wake up to see beautiful blanket of white snow outside. By the time we got home from church it had all melted away and now we have a big ol' MUDHOLE in our back "yard" of dirt!

I planted some tulip bulbs in the fall and they haven't come up yet. They were covered in ice until a couple weeks ago. I've anticipated seeing those pretty, bright colored flowers come into bloom all winter long. I hope they do and that I didn't plant them wrong or something. Don't you just love spring when the grass turns green and the flowers start popping up. Even the smell in the air is different. I can't wait until the weather starts feeling like I feel today....

1 comment:

Denette said...

I too am ready for some warm weather, some pretty flowers, and the freedom of summer.