Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween...

Last Saturday we carved our totally awesome pumpkins.

Zack did a great job! Sadly his pumpkin rolled off of the table and broke but Brian saved the day by using some wood bbq skewers to hold it together. 
Max had the big daddy pumpkin! It's almost as big as he is!
Matty was SO excited to carve pumpkins!
So focused!
Mine
Max's
Matty's
Zacky's
Max was a scary ghost for his preschool party on Thursday.
Matty was a mummy and Zack was Frankenstein at their school's Halloween parade and carnival. Brian did a great job of painting him up complete with scars and everything! This activity was a fun addition to our Halloween celebration!
Max was Dracula for Matty and Zack's school party.
Saturday night I was exhausted! I have had a sinus infection for a week now. I thought it was just tooth aches and a cold but I went to the dentist this morning and he said it's a sinus infection. Hopefully once I start my antibiotic my head won't feel like it's going to explode anymore!!! Anyway, on Saturday I went to the Manti Temple with the youth to do baptisms for the dead. When I got home I just wanted to go to bed but it was time to go trick or treating. Brian let me lay down for a few while he put everyone's makeup on and got everyone ready. He is an amazing husband and father and I am so grateful for him! It started raining right when it was time to start trick or treating. We just drove them to houses in our neighborhood to start. Max INSISTED on going to Miss Tawnya's house first! He is so funny! He loves his preschool teacher! We kept having to make them wait in the car until the rain let up. A lot of people thought that it was dumb of us "mormons" to go trick or treating on Saturday instead of Sunday so they didn't pass out candy. One person even stuck a note on their front door that said, " Halloween is tomorrow, come back then." It's also the Sabbath so thanks but no thanks! We drove out to the best neighborhood to really load up at and they went to a few houses before the rain really started to pour down. This had been happening off and on for about an hour or so by this time. The kids jumped in the van and we asked if they wanted to wait for it to let up again or if they just wanted to go home. They all opted to just go home. I said, I KNEW my kids were smart!!! I felt bad for them that they didn't get as much candy as they would have liked but it will be nice to be rid of candy wrappers sooner and hopefully avoid cavities! 

4 comments:

Stan & Karen said...

She is sooo cute! Makes me sad to see her sad. :(

Stan & Karen said...

Love the pictures. I never got my pumkins carved this year. Last year and year before Chris did them. Looks like you had a lot of fun. The costumes were really great!

Tara said...

Awesome pumpkins! They are HUGE! I didn't even get pics of our pumpkins this year....it was a rush job. Great costumes - little Gracie is just too stinking cute! She is the princess through and through. I still think she's the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen!

JJ and Stephanie said...

those costumes are awesome!!!!