Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What we've been up to lately...

Holy smokes!!! I cannot believe how incredibly crazy my life has been for the last month!! I was so totally looking forward to school starting. I envisioned finally having a  super clean house. Daily naps with my sweet little Gracie. Taking her to story time at the library. Being able to go visiting teaching. Having dinner on the table by 6:00 every night. Staying in my sweats or pjs all day long. And Bonbons...lots and lots of Bonbons!!!
BUT...
Life has only become BUSIER since school started. It's been fun though most of the time. Here are some of the highlights...

-We were finally able to get the kids some back to school clothes. We went up to Utah County the Saturday before Labor Day. It was a great day!

-I found a darling little full size, picket fence bed frame last year for Gracie at a yard sale for 10 bucks! It's painted pink. I'm thinking about painting it white. I don't know. A couple of weeks ago I found a full size headboard and foot board and frame at D.I. for $25. Max has been borrowing a bed of my parents for the past year. We decided to get Matty and Max bunk beds and since I found those bed frames for Zack and Gracie we needed to buy 2 full size mattresses and box springs. Max and Matty's room has been such a mess so it will really help to have  bunks and free up so much room in there. And the nice thing is that they can be separate twin beds if we want them to be some day. The best part though was that Brian went online and found a set of bunk beds for $159 and a few days later Brian wanted to look at them before they came and they had upped the price to $219. I love it when we get a great deal when we buy stuff! Our poor table had had it too. My mom gave us her table when she got a new one like 5 or 6 years ago. We've moved like a zillion times since we got it from them. It was stored in a storage with all of our stuff and I accidentally fell and landed on one of the chairs and broke it while looking for something else. Another time I was looking for stuff I fell and landed on a leg of the table and it just couldn't handle the weight of my "fluffiness" and buckled under the immense pressure.  :)   Brian fixed it. Like 3 times. Aaaaand it broke again a few weeks ago when I was tying to move it over when I was vacuuming. Oh how I LoVe having carpet under the table!!! It's like a dream come true with 4 kids! ;)   Anyhoo, we had been looking for a table for a long time but they all cost a fortune. I checked D.I. all the time for another table or chairs. We stopped by Sam's when we were up there and guess what we found...the most perfect table! It can be a square, and it has a built in leaf that folds out to a make the table rectangular and it comes with 8 chairs. And the price was great! So...I've been very busy trying to take out the old furniture and help put together the new furniture and reorganize the rooms. It's a great feeling to know that our kids have clothes and shoes to wear and their own beds to sleep in. I had some mixed emotions about getting rid of the crib and knowing that I will never need to use one again. But Gracie's room is very cute now and she LOVES her big girl bed so much!

-Zack ran for student council this year and he won! Last year he ran as well and lost so I am very proud of him for trying again and for doing so well! I am so happy that he has adjusted so well through all the moves we've subjected the poor kid to. He is truly amazing!!!

-I had an appointment Thursday of last week because I was having strangeness in my breasteses area.  Well, the doctor told me that basically she had eliminated all of the possibilities of what my problem might be except CANCER...S-C-A-R-Y!!! So she wanted me to have a mammogram which I had yesterday. It wasn't painful at all for the first batch of pictures that she took. However, after the radiologist looked at the results and wanted more pictures, closer up pictures, to determined whether the spots that showed up on the pics were simply tissue or something to be concerned with, I thought my boobs were being pinched off! OUCHY WAWA!!! So, after my boobs were pinched off, they looked at the pictures and it turned out that it was just tissue. THANK GOODNESS!!! HUGE AMOUNTS OF RELIEF!!! And if you are afraid of a mammogram...don't be!! I'm feeling so blessed today! Both because I don't have cancer AND because I am not a mammogram lady that has to touch and configure other people's boobs all day! I am so truly grateful for people who are willing to do things like that to help people!!!

-And guess WHAT... We're going to Disneyland. We haven't been on a real vacation since Zack was 5 and Matthew was like 18 months old. Our kids are at perfect ages to really have a great time! The kids are positively giddy with excitement! It is great to see them so excited about something. We usually don't do anything or go anywhere fun. I just can't wait!!!

No comments: