Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Mouse attack...

So, I totally hate mice as most people do. We had one in our apartment in Pleasant Grove and it totally freaked me out! That was the first time in the whole time we've been married so I guess that's pretty good. Then we moved here. To the outskirts of town. Everyone kept warning us that we would probably have problems with mice but we just kept our fingers crossed that there wouldn't be any. One morning we came to the living room for scripture study and the boys noticed a mouse sitting on Brian's shoe. We brought our dog in and thought she would attack it because she likes to catch mice under the bushes and play with them to death. She never noticed the stupid thing and the mouse never moved once. Brian picked up his shoe and took it outside and threw the mouse off of it and the dog "played" with it and we thought that was that. I haven't been able to put shoes on without shaking them out first ever since just in case a mouse has decided they would make a nice cozy home to live in. So freaked out! Well, Brian decided to get me a HUGE bag of Peanut M&M's for my birthday which was a Thursday. He bought them the night before and hid them in his sock drawer until he would give them to me in the morning. Well, when he brought them to me there was a hole in the bag where a stupid mouse had chewed through the plastic to get to the M&M's. I was so freaked out! Another mouse! And since the month of January was so tight (see previous post) that was my only present from him which I totally appreciated other than the fact that I had to throw them away because of a stupid old mouse! Brian set some traps out. A couple days later on Saturday morning I was in my bedroom getting something out of the closet and had all of my weight on one foot and the other stretched back a foot or so behind me, when I start feeling this weird sensation on my heel. It feel like little claws coming around both sides of my heel. Like put your forefinger and your thumb around your heel and scratch and pull back lightly til they touch again and that is what it felt  like. It creeped me out a bit but I just figured it was no big deal and moved my foot several inches away from that spot and...it happened again. Well, I FREAKED OUT!!! I don't know exactly what happened after the initial screaming started. I kind of blacked out or something. I ended up on my butt on the floor, right where I'm thinking this dangerous, killer mouse is right, Brian's exercise bike is on top of my face and I'm screaming bloody murder and repeating at the top of my lungs, "Brian, HELP ME! Brian, HELP ME!"  He comes rushing in, along with all of my children, asking what's the matter. My nose is bleeding at this point and it really hurts from the scuffle I had with the exercise bike I'm still on the floor and can't get up and they are all looking at me like I've lost my mind when I tell them about being attacked by the dangerous killer mouse. Especially poor Gracie just looked at me with this very concerned look on her face. Not my proudest moment. But what would you have done if you thought a mouse was attacking you. I mean really. Under such circumstances you just don't always think logically you just think about survival!  :) I was thinking this morning that my nose seems all better now and thought I'd share my ridiculous story with you all. I hope it made you laugh!  

1 comment:

Tara said...

hahaha! Great story! I would have freaked out too! It's too bad that you didn't find a dead mouse after taking down the exercise bike and all...good luck getting rid of them! Our first home had lots of mice since we were in the middle of a bunch of fields. We covered every vent with wire mesh and it cured everything!