Friday, September 21, 2012

Getting used to the "time difference"......

When we first moved to Price it took me a while to adjust myself to the time difference. Now, I realize that there isn't an actual "time difference" between here and there but there is definitely a "time difference". At first I would always leave like 15-30 minutes early to get places and then I would...sit. That is not common for me to be early, especially THAT early! I'll never forget the time when I allotted myself an hour to an hour and a half to run my errands. I had to go to the post office, the bank, and the DMV. I was so worried that I would not have enough time to run my errands before the kids would be home from school. Well, it took me like 15 minutes to do it all and I was just AMAZED! It was AWESOME!!! That was one of my favorite things about Price. If I was running a little late it was totally fine because it only took between 5-10 minutes to get to anywhere you needed to be in Price. Even if you live at the farthest end of Price it was like 10 minutes to get to the other end. There was NEVER a line at the DMV. I was always the only one in there when I went. And road construction. When we lived in Price they had Fairgrounds Road blocked off at a bridge that needed to be rebuilt. I'm not sure how long it was closed, I just remember that when I needed to get to a business on one part of Fairgrounds Road and discovered it was blocked and I had to turn around and go all the way around the other way, I was so upset because it took me like an extra 5 minutes or something.

Now that I am back up this way I have to retrain my brain to the "time difference" again. I forgot that when you need to be pretty much anywhere up here you need to plan for it to take a good 30 minutes just to get there and another 30 minutes to get back. I was running a good 10-15 minutes late to a Dr.'s appointment for Zackary in Orem (I missed Dr. Simmons so much!!! He might look and sound like Mr. Rogers but he really knows his stuff and I completely trust him with my children's lives! It was really hard to not have that peace of mind while living in Price!!) and then somehow I blinked and missed the exit and because of the CRAZY road construction I couldn't turn around until I got to Pleasant Grove. WOW!! Thankfully they all understood at the Dr.'s office because they had all made the same mistake at least once themselves. Then today I needed to get Matthew's birthday present and the only place that had one in the county was at Target. I was trying to be so clever about my time and planned the 30 minutes there and the 30 minutes back but that only left a small window for shopping...at Target...I have missed Target so very much!! I ended up being 5 minutes later than I planned on being to Zack's school's CTE (Home Ec) Daycare Day. I was supposed to drop Gracie off by 1:10 but he needed me early so I was planning on being there at 1:00 but made it there at 1:05. So I wasn't too much of a slacker on that one but sheesh! I have just got to get this whole "time difference" figured out again! Being early to stuff is SOOO much better than being late to stuff! :)

No comments: